Well... No more extension. What to do now?

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I'm not going to point any fingers or blame anyone but myself here. I was screwing the extension in, as usual, and it seemed odd that it wasn't getting tight. Rather than screwing it in further, and stripping it out, I backed off and POP! It came right out.

14694631829_22e065bbbc_z.jpg
14878822464_938fa3bd83_z.jpg

I'm going to get in touch with the cuemaker and see if there is a possible fix or if I should just leave it be, pop a bumper on it, and sell the extension for parts.

Anyone see anything like this before? I think the threads were either cut too shallow, but I could be wrong.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Hi,

I am not a fan of mechanical extensions and don't get involved with them myself.

There is a nice hollow extension I saw that is tapered and has a soft nylon coated neoprene inside. Goes on the cue in about one second and does not harm the finish.

The KISS rule is always the best way to go.

JMO,

Rick

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

I am not a fan of mechanical extensions and don't get involved with them myself.

There is a nice hollow extension I saw that is tapered and has a soft nylon coated neoprene inside. Goes on the cue in about one second and does not harm the finish.

The KISS rule is always the best way to go.

JMO,

Rick

I prefer a mechanical extension, I've had trouble in the past with slip on extensions and I do not like the bulk of them, nor do I like the weight that some have. I was able to contact the cuemaker and the repairs will be made.