We're cyclop balls replaced by dynasphere? Any reviews on dynasphere?

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tungstens - like

Got my set of Tungstens on Monday and finally got to try them out today.

Yep, these are impressive for $60. Like them a lot.

First impression compared to my Centennial and Black sets are they seem to have a little less mass and/or density? Slightly lighter maybe? Could be all in my head, but they hit and roll just as well as my sets that cost 6 times as much. And they seem to play lighter and quicker than my other sets.

I see myself using these regularly and why not if they play every bit as good as my others.

I would have called myself a stick in the mud when it comes to anything new, but I like the colors. The light blue 2/10, the taupe 6/14 has grown on me, and how the 8 has white print on black compared to the black print on the rest.

I also like the mid century minimalist appearance. Didn’t think I would, thought maybe they looked cheap, but if you’ve ever seen an old American car with steel wheels and plain hub caps you know what I mean. Has a certain classic appeal to it.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
First impression compared to my Centennial and Black sets are they seem to have a little less mass and/or density? Slightly lighter maybe? Could be all in my head, but they hit and roll just as well as my sets that cost 6 times as much. And they seem to play lighter and quicker than my other sets.
I would attribute that to the hardness of the balls.
My theory is that in collision the harder balls don’t deform as much as softer balls. So on a micro scale the contact time is shorter. They separate more quickly.(and cleanly) On a micro scale. I am guessing that less energy is lost as heat in the collision as well.

Dynaspheres USA

Verified Business Rep
Bronze set from Dynaspheres

For those of you who prefer traditional American colors, we have developed the "Bronze" set. In stock. Check them out at www.dynaspheres.com or open the attachment.

Attachments

• bronze-1.jpg
    bronze-1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 239

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Just ordered my set from Olhausen

I have a birthday coming so I can justify another set.

My Fisher(Rat Table) has sheet metal ball return. In my rebuilding I saw that the tracks were bent to shape and the balls run on a curled edge. So I thought there was no hazard to the balls. Uh wrong. Where the balls drop into the ball return there was a sheet metal landing pad. One edge had been cut with a shear. With a small burr sticking up. I noticed a very tiny nick in the 8 ball and tracked it down. Fixed it and went on. Then upon more frequent inspections I noticed more smaller skuff marks. So I lifted the slate and lined the tracks with electric and duct tape.
The Tungsten balls still play perfect and seem to be of the same hardness as my old Cyclop set. No complaint with the balls just an observation on Fisher tables. A ride in the ball polisher and they will shine like new.

When I saw the traditional colors I knew I need another set🥴.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Bronze set looks great. (Although I still prefer the Tungsten myself:)).

The numbers on the Bronze look slightly larger than other brands. I like it a lot, it will be easier to identify the number when watching on video. Good work.