Were Gabriel tables any good?

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found some online but they seem to have disappeared from the tournament world, unless they’re still being used in 3C somewhere. I thought they looked pretty cool but maybe they had problems

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found some online but they seem to have disappeared from the tournament world, unless they’re still being used in 3C somewhere. I thought they looked pretty cool but maybe they had problems

still very much being used, and sold, for billiards. i have never played on one that had pockets

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking of the Signature Pro, looks like it’s discontinued, but I see a Gryffon on their site I’ll have to check out

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has league or pro cut pockets and 1 or 3 piece 30 mm slate. Not sure what Vector P59 cushions are though

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Signature Pro
1649883546531.png

Sentinel
1649883574995.png

Gryffon

1649883624821.png

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has league or pro cut pockets and 1 or 3 piece 30 mm slate. Not sure what Vector P59 cushions are though
Anything they make has to be good 3cm slates are amazing.

It’s expensive but worth the money. It’s buy once and some type of table. End game table for sure.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can remember so many different tables I’ve played on, colors, places, manufactures. But I just can’t recall playing on a gaberial table with pockets. I must have, I’ve played on lots of their billiard tables.

Fatboy<——-early stages of memory loss

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their billiard tables are excellent

Pockets? I don’t recall seeing one.
So the pool room I cut my teeth in had these, but all except for one of them had been altered making them more "amateur friendly". Standard they came with 4.5" pockets which played nice with normal open table shooting. There were two issues I had with them, one personal, one from more "standardized playing".

1.) The tables sat slightly higher than a GC, or even a standard Diamond for that matter. Doesn't seem like much, but definitely noticaeble with the "shots you can reach on a table".
2.) The rails on the table were dead. Not dead in the sense of bad, dead as in "they had no spring to them". Played true angles and everything, but you wouldn't get any extra action off the rails if that makes any sense at all.

While the tables played nice and I wouldn't steer away from a room that had them necessarily, I would not for the price point ever invest in one over a Diamond or a Gold Crown.

CanadianGuy

several years ago i once tried to buy two matching 10' Sentinel tables, one carom one pool

the distributor was a fiasco, he initially quoted me around 25k CAD delivered without installation, six months of delays and the quote went to 35k

i was still agreeable and he still couldn't make it happen within a year so I backed out

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They had some in Corpus Christi Texas at Paradise Billiards and they played good, but as someone posted earlier it seemed like they weren't as lively as a Gold Crown, but still nice tables.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
several years ago i once tried to buy two matching 10' Sentinel tables, one carom one pool

the distributor was a fiasco, he initially quoted me around 25k CAD delivered without installation, six months of delays and the quote went to 35k

i was still agreeable and he still couldn't make it happen within a year so I backed out
The only Gabriel’s Sentinel 10 foot pocket table that Gabriel’s ever made sits in our pool room at Family Billiards in Boone, North Carolina. It was a prototype table made for the 2016 Deurne City Classic 10 foot Challenge (Belgium) 16 player Invitational, headlined by Immonen, Chinakhov, Feijen, Shaw, and Boyes, among others, which was won by teenage phenom Joshua Filler.

Gabriel’s had originally planned to manufacture and offer the 10 foot model Sentinel pocket tables. I don’t know why but their plans fell through. Somehow I managed to talk Thierry Gabriels (company majority owner) in to selling us the prototype table, as he’d been promising me one for over a year, and our Poolroom was one of the few Poolroom’s in the US that already had Gabriel’s signature Pro Tables (since 2000) and still do.

I can tell you all our Gabriel’s tables play great, and stay in top shape, in no small part due to Ernesto Dominguez, who is the only table mechanic we allow to work on our tables.

Last edited:

CanadianGuy

wow that speaks to some of the distributor issues

your pool room looks awesome, one of the photos shows $3 per hour, what year was that?

cheapest I ever played at a decent room in my neck of the woods was $8 in the 90s, $15 is the current norm in the few decent rooms left

if I grew up near your room I would likely be cutting class, chores, and life constantly to get down there and play, especially at $3

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

your pool room looks awesome, one of the photos shows $3 per hour, what year was that?

cheapest I ever played at a decent room in my neck of the woods was $8 in the 90s, $15 is the current norm in the few decent rooms left

if I grew up near your room I would likely be cutting class, chores, and life constantly to get down there and play, especially at $3

Our pool rates haven’t changed in the 26 years since we opened, but our menu prices have tripled! I can’t really explain it.