What cue case do you carry?

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
My good case is a Whitten 3x6, imo the best case maker on the planet. For storage I have a pos instroke 3x7. For going out to the bars or places with which I'm not familiar, I bring a Bentley 2x4. I also bring a rather plain cue to those places. Custom made to look plain by the same maker of my nicer cues.

Mikiemopa

pechauer dealer
Silver Member
No one has said it but vincitore makes a good leather case for the money, but I'm going to get a JB 3/4 as soon as I work up the money

kntbeach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife, son, and myself all use It's George cases. I just love the classic design and they are rugged.

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
Sterling Wave Case is the best bang for your buck in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of the tooled leather look. I don't want my case to look like it just jumped off the back of a horse. I wish more cases were offered in more modern design schemes, like golf bags. Compartmentalized pockets are way overdue. Who wants to dig through a single 8" long pocket for what they're trying to find?

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sterling Wave Case is the best bang for your buck in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of the tooled leather look. I don't want my case to look like it just jumped off the back of a horse. I wish more cases were offered in more modern design schemes, like golf bags. Compartmentalized pockets are way overdue. Who wants to dig through a single 8" long pocket for what they're trying to find?

If I could get my hands on one, John Bartons FURY cases are exactly what you're describing.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=307423

QKS cases are pretty neat too.

Last edited:

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently got one of THESE JB Rugged cases and I absolutely love it. Price combined with overall quality of and interior and exterior cannot be beat.

The Ultrapad interior is wicked. I can open the top, flip it upside down, and shake it as hard as I can and the cues don't budge. You would have to go way out of your way to have an accident with this case that would cause damage to a cue.

I wish I had more thumbs so I could give it more than just 2 thumbs up. :thumbup::thumbup:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
If I could get my hands on one, John Bartons FURY cases are exactly what you're describing.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=307423

I think right now Sorbetboy is your best bet on AZB to get one.

I recently got one of THESE JB Rugged cases and I absolutely love it. Price combined with overall quality of and interior and exterior cannot be beat.

The Ultrapad interior is wicked. I can open the top, flip it upside down, and shake it as hard as I can and the cues don't budge. You would have to go way out of your way to have an accident with this case that would cause damage to a cue.

I wish I had more thumbs so I could give it more than just 2 thumbs up. :thumbup::thumbup:

That's the goal.

This is what I carried until I took it apart to redo the interior.

JohnPersonalCase.jpg

You can see it in detail along with a short (and incomplete) history of cue cases in general in the video below.

What's in the Case - John Barton's Case - Video

More like this can be found here www.jbcases.com/casesbyname.html

This is what I carry at the moment.

c1856531-cabb-4ff1-9d05-ab34d3ad4698_zps8d818cec.jpg

I like it because it's small, compact, efficient and light, and of course protective with the extra padding we put in.

You can find more like it here. www.gtfcases.com

Last edited:

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just got a JB Rugged Case

I've had my 1X2 suitcase style case for over 30 years when I got my first Palmer in Elizabeth, NJ. It's still a nice case but I recently decided to start using a break cue in my league matches so I went in search of a new case to hold both cues.

I decided to get a custom JB case and finally placed my order. But of course there is a wait so what I did was order a JB Rugged case from Seyberts to hold me over.

I have to say for the money this case is very well built and I feel my cues are very well protected. (I value my old Palmer beyond reason as it was a gift from my beautiful bride) It's certainly not the fanciest thing you'll ever see but I'll customize it with some tacky and badly thought out slogans and logo's just because I can.

KLM

Registered
Thanks for all the great responses! I managed to score an older Jack Justis 2x4 case yesterday, totally by surprise! Went to the room where I have been playing since starting back, and they were having a 9 ball tourny that I was not aware of. Seems the field had been full for some time. Anyway, met a great gentleman there who was set up re-tipping shafts, and he had a LARGE collection of high end cues and cases. As soon as I saw this Justis I knew I would own it. He said it is about 10-12 years old, he had owned it that long. Just what I had in mind, black, not overly tooled, and the quality is fantastic! So, my search is over for now. Now, I have to set my sights on another cue...;)

Pictures to follow later. Thanks again for everyone's input

JMW

Seen Your Member
Silver Member
JB Custom and love it. I also picked up one of the JB nylon rugged cases and it is by far the best bang for your buck.

dmyles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use mainly a Talisman Tribal case in all black. I love the three pockets for all the junk I carry and it is a 2 x 4 so I have plenty of room for my sticks.