What cue maker to go to for this spec?

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Weight: No more than 17.. (between 16.7 and 17)

Very forward balanced 20" or so

Very thin handle like a Judd or slightly thinner

Reverse points (heavy dark wood other than ebony, such as coco bubinga
ironwood) into maple

Burl handle to keep weight down and make it pretty (full splice maple with
wrap would be second option)

Titlist veneers

ABCDE rings if not full splice

Maple butt with the dark wood ring 2 inch piece at very bottom (like you
see on SW cues)

Bumper less hopefully with threads for extension

I realize this is very specific, but this is essentially the cue I played
with for 20 years (it was a Judd) and kind of what I want again. Judd made
it for me back before he was famous. It was stolen.
 
Last edited:
Weight: No more than 17.. (between 16.7 and 17)

Very forward balanced 20" or so

Very thin handle like a Judd or slightly thinner

Reverse points (heavy dark wood other than ebony, such as coco bubinga
ironwood) into maple

Burl handle to keep weight down and make it pretty (full splice maple with
wrap would be second option)

Titlist veneers

ABCDE rings if not full splice

Maple butt with the dark wood ring 2 inch piece at very bottom (like you
see on SW cues)

Bumper less hopefully with threads for extension

I realize this is very specific, but this is essentially the cue I played
with for 20 years (it was a Judd) and kind of what I want again. Judd made
it for me back before he was famous. It was stolen.
Most of the woods you mention are heavy. To meet your target weigth it would have to be cored with a very light wood. Wrap or wrapless would be about the same weight.
My advice is to ask the cuemakers who's work you like and go from there.
 
Most of the woods you mention are heavy. To meet your target weigth it would have to be cored with a very light wood. Wrap or wrapless would be about the same weight.
My advice is to ask the cuemakers who's work you like and go from there.

You can try contacting his son Joshua Fuller.
I heard he made cues identical to his dad but i havent see any yet.

Try asking for his contact here.

GL
 
a good cue maker may not want to make a cue that others may think is a bad hitter or looking as it hurts their rep down the road.

some may make anything you want but wont give you any relief if you dont like it.
 
Thanks for all the replies. I was already planning on a cue from Josey, and have been in touch with others mentioned at least one that likes rge design concept. I plisted because I know that some cue makers just wont make a cue this light even though I think a maple merry widow us about 16 oz with wood to wood joint naturally.
 
Back
Top