what cues that you own - Canada only

Berzelius

Agreed on Radial, there weren't any for quite awhile on Poison's site (playing cues with radial pins), they just all popped up just before their black friday sale.

so, Cue & Case ?

shojingod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed on Radial, there weren't any for quite awhile on Poison's site (playing cues with radial pins), they just all popped up just before their black friday sale.

so, Cue & Case ?
Cue & Case is a distributer and sub contractor. Some brand names are strictly made for cue & case while others are distributed by cue & case. Predator/Poison are partially made by a cue & case sub contractor manufacturer in Asia. That Asia contractor makes the Cue & Case brands (Lucasi, Player, Dufferin, etc.) are the same that makes Poison for Predator int. Poison is lower cost brand made for Predator by Asian cue maker sub contractor. Most parts of Predator cues are made in Asia unless they are special editions which get sub contracted to other makers like Jacoby, Pechauer, Schon, Samsarra, but generally they get advertise as such. The only thing done by Predator in house is the finishing of shafts. Wood and lamination comes from the same source as any Lucasi cue with slight differences. Most cues made in the US use the components from a group of 5 to 6 asian companies (bumper, joint pins, inserts, veneers, synthetics). The only company that makes almost everything in house is Pechauer, other than maybe synthetic components since they are chemically made by polymer/plastic manufacturer. Wood comes from all over the world.

Berzelius

Wow 🤯 that is a lot of info !

Thank you for the *very* informative post ! I went for C&C because I knew that about Players cues in general, but I had no idea how complex it could be. I do have a couple of questions about this bit :

- "That Asia contractor makes the Cue & Case brands (Lucasi, Player, Dufferin, etc.) are the same that makes Poison for Predator int. Poison is lower cost brand made for Predator by Asian cue maker sub contractor. Most parts of Predator cues are made in Asia unless they are special editions which get sub contracted to other makers like Jacoby, Pechauer, Schon, Samsarra, but generally they get advertise as such."

When you say "Predator int", do you mean that cues from the international website are different from the cues from the US site ?

Does the "unless they are special editions" thing also apply for the sub-brand Poison special edition cues ?

Thanks !

Berzelius

shojingod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow 🤯 that is a lot of info !

Thank you for the *very* informative post ! I went for C&C because I knew that about Players cues in general, but I had no idea how complex it could be. I do have a couple of questions about this bit :

- "That Asia contractor makes the Cue & Case brands (Lucasi, Player, Dufferin, etc.) are the same that makes Poison for Predator int. Poison is lower cost brand made for Predator by Asian cue maker sub contractor. Most parts of Predator cues are made in Asia unless they are special editions which get sub contracted to other makers like Jacoby, Pechauer, Schon, Samsarra, but generally they get advertise as such."

When you say "Predator int", do you mean that cues from the international website are different from the cues from the US site ?

Does the "unless they are special editions" thing also apply for the sub-brand Poison special edition cues ?

Thanks !

Berzelius
Sorry I mean the Predator group. When I typed it I could not recall at the top of my head what was the official business name for Predator. So I used the generic " Company int. or inc." no Poison special editions cues are just made by the asian maker. They advertise when another maker makes it for them. No difference between us or int. predator sites. when it comes to where cues are made.

NorthernArbiter

Registered
Predator P3 Black no wrap
With Revo 11.8mm shaft.

Break cue:
Black Rage Heavy Hitter with custom carbon break shaft and white diamond tip a cue smith made for me. Check out Nick's Cue Innovation on Facebook, he's based out of Calgary.

I recently sold my Predator SP2 Curly 2 with 12.4mm shaft.

At maximum force, the 11.8mm Revo shaft vibrates a bit... It's best for precise medium to soft shooting. There was nothing wrong with the 12.4mm I sold.... I'd been playing a bit with an 11.75mm custom carbon shaft.

Cheers

NorthernArbiter

Registered
PS

I'll look it up another time... I have the email for Falcon, they are overseas in Asia now... You can order direct. My first cue was a black Falcon NSF with one of the first Predator wooden low deflection shafts.... Loved it.

axlrose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I ever get to play snooker again, John Parris Classic and Ultimate, Morgan, Predator, McDaniel, Pechauer x 3.

Ryan
IMG_0505.JPG
IMG_0506.JPG
IMG_0507.JPG

boyraks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue & Case is a distributer and sub contractor. Some brand names are strictly made for cue & case while others are distributed by cue & case. Predator/Poison are partially made by a cue & case sub contractor manufacturer in Asia. That Asia contractor makes the Cue & Case brands (Lucasi, Player, Dufferin, etc.) are the same that makes Poison for Predator int. Poison is lower cost brand made for Predator by Asian cue maker sub contractor. Most parts of Predator cues are made in Asia unless they are special editions which get sub contracted to other makers like Jacoby, Pechauer, Schon, Samsarra, but generally they get advertise as such. The only thing done by Predator in house is the finishing of shafts. Wood and lamination comes from the same source as any Lucasi cue with slight differences. Most cues made in the US use the components from a group of 5 to 6 asian companies (bumper, joint pins, inserts, veneers, synthetics). The only company that makes almost everything in house is Pechauer, other than maybe synthetic components since they are chemically made by polymer/plastic manufacturer. Wood comes from all over the world.
good info to those uneducated

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have few.

1. lambros Merry widow, ebony and rosewood - my main player. very unsuspecting looking cue.
2. sugar tree fancy sneaky. cocobolo/birdseye maple full splice with those micro rings that Eric is known for.
3. A Brent Summers ebony/redwood full splice, paired with a pred shaft.
4. I have a bumperless full splice hoppe made by Justin from Spot on in the GTA - we dont actually know what sort of wood the blank was. looks sort of like rosewood or hemlock into maple, but it isnt rosewood. 2 shafts, one pred 314-3 and a solid maple. very classic looking cue.
4. ebony full splice, made from an old blank I picked up off Roy. Cue made by Justin as well. possibly an old trophy blank, but we don't know for sure. - My wife's cue.
5. original pred bk as my breaker.

recently sold my cohen, to fund a tasc i have on the way later this week. i am like a kid at christmas right now as i wait for the tasc to get in my hands.

I prefer quiet cues without inlays. just good hitting, quality cues.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I have few.

1. lambros Merry widow, ebony and rosewood - my main player. very unsuspecting looking cue.
2. sugar tree fancy sneaky. cocobolo/birdseye maple full splice with those micro rings that Eric is known for.
3. A Brent Summers ebony/redwood full splice, paired with a pred shaft.
4. I have a bumperless full splice hoppe made by Justin from Spot on in the GTA - we dont actually know what sort of wood the blank was. looks sort of like rosewood or hemlock into maple, but it isnt rosewood. 2 shafts, one pred 314-3 and a solid maple. very classic looking cue.
4. ebony full splice, made from an old blank I picked up off Roy. Cue made by Justin as well. possibly an old trophy blank, but we don't know for sure. - My wife's cue.
5. original pred bk as my breaker.

recently sold my cohen, to fund a tasc i have on the way later this week. i am like a kid at christmas right now as i wait for the tasc to get in my hands.

I prefer quiet cues without inlays. just good hitting, quality cues.
Excellent taste in cues. If you ever get tired of the sugar tree sneaky let me know.

Dave