What do players want

danieldakota53

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In this market and economy, please tell us as players what style of cue you would want and the prices you feel are fair in this market you would be willing and able to pay. Example, I like plain cues with decorative rings,leather wraps, and would like the price to be under $500.00 - as an example
Look forward to hearing what players are looking for. What is the Americana player looking for?

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a plain black Icon 1-1. Plain but a great player. If I had 500 to spend, I really like the look of the OB Diablo. I guess i like the burgundy color. Simple but kind of elegant at same time. I would have to upgrade to leather wrap I think.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly, if it is over a couple hundred bucks, I pass.

Pretty cues don't make me play better. So give me a sneaky and let's lag. :)

lastdimetaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want a predator throne series 5 a new diamond table from the US open, I want to go to Derby city, SBE, US Open and a road trip up east coast to NYC an back. Paying for everything with money I won gambling playing pool. That's what I want as a player in this economy. I may have misunderstood the question. .

danieldakota53

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The $500 price was just for an example, i want you players to tell me what type of cue you prefer and what price you would pay for such a cue. Sorry if I confused anyone by thinking I meant a $500 limit.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like very plain cues. I like ebony butts and ash or maple shafts. I like snooker styled cues, so I'd look for a 1 piece, hand spliced ebony and maple cue with around a 11-11.5mm tip. I'd expect to pay around $700ish for such a cue from a respected maker.

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
I prefer cues with some inlays but a cue with some nice wood would do the trick; I prefer wood like curly maple, ebony, cocobolo. I wouldn't want to pay for than 400-500 for a good cue. I spent about $315 on my Pechauer and I thought that was a pretty fair price for the cue. Plays very well but I prefer a leather wrap over Irish linen.

thintowin

thin2win
Silver Member
if you are basically happy with your current rig; then place the 5 in your gambling/tourney kitty and get better and have some fun. or at the worst have some fun anyway.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I really like the look of the OB Diablo. I guess i like the burgundy color. .

Hey, I named that cue.

I'd go with a sneaky, 4 points some kind of dark and light woods, high contrast with veneers. S/S steel joint with simple rings. I'd rather have a S/S joint, but I'd go with an ivory if I must. Around $500, maybe a little less

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, I named that cue.

I'd go with a sneaky, 4 points some kind of dark and light woods, high contrast with veneers. S/S steel joint with simple rings. I'd rather have a S/S joint, but I'd go with an ivory if I must. Around $500, maybe a little less

The Diablo would still be my choice. Even with the 500 limit lifted. I could be very happy with that.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
"You don't always get what you want

But if you try sometimes

You just might find

You get what you need." -Rolling Stones

I'm lucky when it comes to pool equipment. I got more than what I need. Not looking to buy another cue.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Birdseye maple plain jane with linen wrap, 2 shafts, and $500 or less. To me, that is the perfect players cue. Simple, clean, and affordable. Also what I use for my player presently.

danieldakota53

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone else, really looking forward to many answers on this subject. And it was not anything to do with $500 limit or cost, I only used $500 for an example. Just really like to hear what the members on this forum want in a cue and their price range. I find it an interesting question.

Roll Out

Registered
All I want is a plain cue with a good hit, i.e. lots of "feel". Good action on the cue ball. I prefer some whip - 18" taper is good. (Apparently I'm in the minority on liking whip.) Appearance is secondary. For me the cue is primarily a tool, not an aesthetic object. - Tom

moneytalks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like a simple wrapless cue with subtle fancy attributes. Classic with an accent of style....like a "not so sneaky" sneaky. I like the $400 price range.

Personally, I would rather have three $400 cues than one $1200 cue.