axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For what it's worth, I had a Jensen very similar to your player. It had ebony points and different veneers and 3 shafts with ivory ferrules. I sold it for $750 to an acquaintance in 2011. I believe I could have gotten more if I found the right buyer. Selling takes time and effort for me and I was content to let that cue go.

I feel Mike makes a very good playing cue and the values on the secondary market are a couple hundred below other cues that play no better. I think the resale is low because Jensens are viewed as Szam lookalikes without an original style.

My 10 cents for what it's worth.

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
+1

Also, don't sell if you can. You worked hard to get these back.

Thanks Yally, your kind words are greatly appreciated. I don't plan on selling them anytime soon. They play too good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a few of Mikes cues my self great players. His cues just don't bring what they should on resale. But my self I wouldn't let them go for less that 1500. The player is worth 800-1000 an that jump break is nice, I say at least 500 for it. Just my 2 cents but I love mikes cues an play with mine a lot. If you want to sell just the jump break cue let me know.

Duplicate post

Last edited:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a few of Mikes cues my self great players. His cues just don't bring what they should on resale. But my self I wouldn't let them go for less that 1500. The player is worth 800-1000 an that jump break is nice, I say at least 500 for it. Just my 2 cents but I love mikes cues an play with mine a lot. If you want to sell just the jump break cue let me know.
Lol we guessed hella close

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Values

<snip>

I don't plan on selling them anytime soon. It was just a theoretical question. Too many negative nancies on here sometimes. I'm just trying to get a realistic idea of what they are worth because I bought them back from my buddy at the same price I sold them to him four years ago. That's all. Stop reading into it so much.

<snip>

This is not meant as criticism, but just a statement of fact.

The only issue with determining today's value of a cue is that it has no influence nor indication of it's future value because values rise and fall.

Certain cues could multiply in value 10 fold just as easily as they could be worth half of what they are worth today.

With that being said, I will close by saying that your Jensens as well as almost every other Jensen I have even seen are beautiful cues.

Jay

Last edited: