What do you think of these Adams (cues)

stikapos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WesleyW said:
I'm not really interested in an expensive cue. I just want to buy a cheap good looking cue (with something like veneers) without decals. Throw the standard shaft away and put a Z-shaft on it.

If you are looking for an inexpensive cue, why not buy the Lucasi at Billiard Warehouse ? For $200, you can get a nice one with a 3/8x10 joint. A Predator shaft with a silver ring will match up nicely. Talk to Greg Savoie at BH. Nice guy and knowlegable. Tell him Tim sent you. From RI.

tim

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stikapos said:
If you are looking for an inexpensive cue, why not buy the Lucasi at Billiard Warehouse ? For $200, you can get a nice one with a 3/8x10 joint. A Predator shaft with a silver ring will match up nicely. Talk to Greg Savoie at BH. Nice guy and knowlegable. Tell him Tim sent you. From RI.

tim

I'm not from the USA. I don't do import, just don't trust it. I've consider about the Lucasi, but I don't want to spend to much on a cue. I've heard good stories about Lucasi on the board. But there are still two flaws. First, Lucasi is using Uni-loc, that isn't really a good joint. The second, they are made in China. I don't really think, it's worth that much.

Right now, I'm looking at the Panther cues. Isn't a big name, but I only need a good looking butt. Haven't heard something of the Panther cues on the board yet. Here is a link:
http://www.jjcue.com/panthercues_1.htm

EDRJR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ad-4

I just bought an AD-4 for my girlfriend. I figured since she hasn't scratched any paint off the white Cuetec shaft in 3 years, she's ready for a regular cue. :eek: (Once she shows me she can care for this, I'll move her up in quality.) The shaft has straight grain but some mild sugar. The notched diamonds must have been installed by someone who was on his or her first day of work, LOL. Very crude. The wrap is a little fuzzy. Anyone have a good tip on how to fix that? Please PM me. Not a bad cue for $77 delivered.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
WesleyW said:
I'm not really interested in an expensive cue. I just want to buy a cheap good looking cue (with something like veneers) without decals. Throw the standard shaft away and put a Z-shaft on it.

Then do not buy the DX series Adams because they are decal cues. You may want to check out the link below that I have provided.

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/mali/mali_pool_cues.htm

The cues to pay attention to are the Mali Vintage series cues. They are also imports, however, they are very very Nice Qaulity. They come V-spliced forearms, and all inlays are real materials not decal. The cues come with a decent qaulity shaft, and they are finished very nice. The joints are stainless steel piloted 5 1/6-14 pin.

I have also sold a number of these cues and for the money they are worth it. You may want to check them out. My personal favorites are the Vintage 4, the vintage 5, and the Vintage 6.

Hope this helps!!!

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
manwon said:
Then do not buy the DX series Adams because they are decal cues. You may want to check out the link below that I have provided.

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/mali/mali_pool_cues.htm

The cues to pay attention to are the Mali Vintage series cues. They are also imports, however, they are very very Nice Qaulity. They come V-spliced forearms, and all inlays are real materials not decal. The cues come with a decent qaulity shaft, and they are finished very nice. The joints are stainless steel piloted 5 1/6-14 pin.

I have also sold a number of these cues and for the money they are worth it. You may want to check them out. My personal favorites are the Vintage 4, the vintage 5, and the Vintage 6.

Hope this helps!!!

I like #6, #8 and #9. But these cues aren't sold in Holland. I haven't seen it here.

Another question. What do you guys think of the Adams Classic? Are they any good?

Last edited: