What happened to Deanoc?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never knew what that guy meant by "Jackpot" cues? However when someone from the pool room says "send me money and you will receive a prize"... I am not sending any money. What did people expect a BLACK BOAR? Kind of comical (a cheap lesson) old school scam. He should be embarrassed and make things right.
Make things right to who?

People who did not buy one?

He offered money back to anybody who actually bought one.

I have two of them and seven shafts.

I am not complaining.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Make things right to who?

People who did not buy one?

He offered money back to anybody who actually bought one.

I have two of them and seven shafts.

I am not complaining.
Maybe my answer should have been "Dean's shills dug a grave for Dean's reputation instead of letting the matter rest"

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe my answer should have been "Dean's shills dug a grave for Dean's reputation instead of letting the matter rest"
Maybe you don’t play well enough to know when a cue plays well.

I think you can probably find an instructor in one of the other forums. :)

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Maybe you don’t play well enough to know when a cue plays well.

I think you can probably find an instructor in one of the other forums. :)

A house cue is $20 and plays the same as your $600 Jackpot. The house cue is more honest, and constructed better.

The fact that people have to sell them as Schmelke cues to minimize their losses is why this is such a problem. A buyer shouldn't be punished for a seller's flagrant dishonesty, but they were.

You can take your shill behavior, neatly fold it up, and give yourself that suppository

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A house cue is $20 and plays the same as your $600 Jackpot. The house cue is more honest, and constructed better.

The fact that people have to sell them as Schmelke cues to minimize their losses is why this is such a problem. A buyer shouldn't be punished for a seller's flagrant dishonesty, but they were.

You can take your shill behavior, neatly fold it up, and give yourself that suppository
And a Jackpot plays as well as any cue that you sell for thousands.

As a matter of fact, a guy here who repairs and makes cues hit some balls with my Jackpot last Sunday. He said “this cue plays better than cues that cost a thousand”. His EXACT words.

The cues play well, no matter what you think of the seller or maker.

That is a FACT!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
And a Jackpot plays as well as any cue that you sell for thousands.

As a matter of fact, a guy here who repairs and makes cues hit some balls with my Jackpot last Sunday. He said “this cue plays better than cues that cost a thousand”. His EXACT words.

The cues play well, no matter what you think of the seller or maker.

That is a FACT!
But who cares? I even acknowledged they play as well as anything. House Cues are universally declared as the best hit in billiards.

The fact that these albatrosses were dumped on the community is outrageous.

Go ahead and get all boomery on me with your Caps Lock and absolutism, but excusing scummy behavior because you swing from the seller's jockstrap does not make it right.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But who cares? I even acknowledged they play as well as anything. House Cues are universally declared as the best hit in billiards.

The fact that these albatrosses were dumped on the community is outrageous.

Go ahead and get all boomery on me with your Caps Lock and absolutism, but excusing scummy behavior because you swing from the seller's jockstrap does not make it right.
Who cares if cues play good?

People who can play pool.

Like I said on here before, I may be the only person who actually played with one before they got one.

I got mine from RandyInHawaii after playing with it. He liked it so well, he ordered another one at 60” and I got his original 58” inch cue.

I liked it so well, I got another one at 60”.

I have more than a dozen cues. Production and custom. Some costing into the thousands. My case carries three cues and one of them is always the original Jackpot and I have played with it almost every weekend.

I like cues that play well.

It plays well.

I like it.

That is all that matters to me.

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Like I said on here before, I may be the only person who actually played with one before they got one.

I got mine from RandyInHawaii after playing with it. He liked it so well, he ordered another one at 60” and I got his original 58” inch cue.

I have more than a dozen cues. Production and custom. Some costing into the thousands. My case carries three cues and one of them is always the original Jackpot and I have played with it almost every weekend.

It plays well.

I like it.

The way you ranted about your personal wealth previously, I guarantee you would flip your lid if someone sold you a Balabushka that turned out to actually be made by Adam. No amount of playability would make you happy after that, being robbed by some unscrupulous person. Your ranting on NPR about how you would handle these people belies your ability to care about playability if you left a dollar on the table with a thief.

You are incapable of having a genuine conversation and instead decide to show us your impeccable debate skills by completely derailing the conversation. Congratulations, as usual, your Jackpot is the best investment you have ever made. It shows your towering intellect to all of us.

Glad you got a nice Schmelke, they make some classic players. Great American company

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way you ranted about your personal wealth previously, I guarantee you would flip your lid if someone sold you a Balabushka that turned out to actually be made by Adam. No amount of playability would make you happy after that, being robbed by some unscrupulous person. Your ranting on NPR about how you would handle these people belies your ability to care about playability if you left a dollar on the table with a thief.

You are incapable of having a genuine conversation and instead decide to show us your impeccable debate skills by completely derailing the conversation. Congratulations, as usual, your Jackpot is the best investment you have ever made. It shows your towering intellect to all of us.

Glad you got a nice Schmelke, they make some classic players. Great American company
You didn’t buy one.

Why you ranting?

Take a lesson or two and learn to relax a bit.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
You didn’t buy one.

Why you ranting?

Take a lesson or two and learn to relax a bit.
I absolutely bought one, you saw the photos. I can post them again if you would like.

An absolute travesty, he ruined the rep of a classic builder by cutting corners to save a few bucks.

He took it back to shut me up, and I said I would if he stopped spamming the forum with his ads. He did not, and the shill brigade kept it going.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
For the sake of clarity, if anyone knows:

What did Dean charge for a Jackpot?

Was the Jackpot a custom or production product of Schmelke?

What is/was the price of a Jackpot from Schmelke?

Is the Jackpot still available from Schmelke?

Did Jack Potter play any role in design or production of the Jackpots?

Did Jack Potter ever weigh in on this fiasco?

How was it determined that the Jackpot was in fact a Schmelke? IOWs, did Dean or someone else disclose?

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the sake of clarity, if anyone knows:

What did Dean charge for a Jackpot?

Was the Jackpot a custom or production product of Schmelke?

What is/was the price of a Jackpot from Schmelke?

Is the Jackpot still available from Schmelke?

Did Jack Potter play any role in design or production of the Jackpots?

Did Jack Potter ever weigh in on this fiasco?

How was it determined that the Jackpot was in fact a Schmelke? IOWs, did Dean or someone else disclose?
I believe the first batch he charged $500, then went up to $500+ $100 deposit.

As for the Jack Potter part, I know he chimed in at one point, but can't remember which thread it was on. At one point (I believe the early batch) he had some hand in it, but most of the cues he had nothing to do with.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Dean lied about who made the cues. Dean ripped off people by selling 200 dollar cues for 600 bucks. When called out on his transgressions he made it about a friends sick wife. Deplorable. Why are people still calling these Jackpot cues? Jack had nothing to do with building them. Crackpot cues. You must be on the crack or on the pot to still defend your bastardized cue. Dont be mad at me for stating the truth. I speak the truth. Dont shoot the messenger. Im only a messenger. I personally like Schmelke cues. Good quality at a fair price. I personally do not like Crackpot cues. Good quality at a screw you price. All this from a Crackpot idea to pass off a Schmelke as a Custom and do so by any means necessary. Thats the long and the short of it. Thats what happened to Dean. We can do this all over again in a month or so. And probably will...

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean lied about who made the cues. Dean ripped off people by selling 200 dollar cues for 600 bucks. When called out on his transgressions he made it about a friends sick wife. Deplorable. Why are people still calling these Jackpot cues? Jack had nothing to do with building them. Crackpot cues. You must be on the crack or on the pot to still defend your bastardized cue. Dont be mad at me for stating the truth. I speak the truth. Dont shoot the messenger. Im only a messenger. I personally like Schmelke cues. Good quality at a fair price. I personally do not like Crackpot cues. Good quality at a screw you price. All this from a Crackpot idea to pass off a Schmelke as a Custom and do so by any means necessary. Thats the long and the short of it. Thats what happened to Dean. We can do this all over again in a month or so. And probably will...
Thank you! For some reason I thought Jack helped with those first 5 cues, and Dean took off with it. Either way deplorable is the perfect terminology for it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. Finally a solid summary. Thank you.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I have no problem (although I find it odd and wouldn't be interested) if someone wants to say they have a cue and want x dollars for it sight unseen.

The issue is and alwats has been about actively, knowingly and repeatedly misrepresenting who made this batch of cues.

I get it...some say they like them and supposedly anybody unhappy can get a refund. Great...doesn't change the sketchy sales practice. Lots of cheap cues play well...a whole lot cheaper than $5 or 600...nobody disputes that.

Its like selling a fake Rolex and saying its all OK as long as it keeps good time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the OP knew the answer to his own question before asking it.
This was my first impression. A troll, but to what purpose? Every few months a Dean buddy comes here to post and basically see if it's safe for Dean to rise again. Or was it to stir the pot and generate another twenty page thread?

In any case it's still dangerous waters for Deano to float a sales pitch.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member

It plays well.

I like it.

Well you never tire of telling everyone how many cues you have, that's for sure.