What has happened to Billiards Gloves?

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
A first. Had to try a glove. Ended up with these econo units.

ufiSxg7.jpg

Hand specific cut/sewn. I like it more than I thought I would. Still shoot bare handed....use it sometimes.
This is the de-facto best bang for the buck. They last a long time, like 3 weeks to a month of very heavy play. They get a hole? Throw it away, you still have 9 gloves left. Honestly as cheap as these are, they are good quality. Slide good, fit good, last good. I'd say they play as good as any high dollar name brand, maybe last 2/3 as long.

I buy these 20 at a time and it's what my friends and I use. For the price I don't mind giving a few out to my friends. We usually split the price and have gloves for a very long time.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
No, not a lefty - the glove choice is for the hand you wear it on. To each his own for color but I have a sneaky suspicion that if you had black and navy, they would outsell the cyan. Perhaps in Germany the color preferences are just different than mine though. Thanks for trying to get me gloves!

This is the product for a glove you put on your left hand (right handed player). We don't have black or navy (navy is no longer made) but we do have Royal Blue which is close but not as dark as the old navy. Black we only have in the smaller size.

Fwiw, the McDermott glove is the closest one to the Molinari so if it must be black and normal/larger size that is the way to go.

Regards, Dave

ldl01031

This is the product for a glove you put on your left hand (right handed player). We don't have black or navy (navy is no longer made) but we do have Royal Blue which is close but not as dark as the old navy. Black we only have in the smaller size.

Fwiw, the McDermott glove is the closest one to the Molinari so if it must be black and normal/larger size that is the way to go.

Regards, Dave
Thanks! I already have a royal blue coming, so I'll see what I think. And I have a McDermott coming too. It would be nice to have an alternative to Molinary.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are gloves seemingly not available anymore? I actually wrote to Molinari and asked if they were still in business (no reply yet, amazingly enough). It seems to be all decent brands though. Covid still disrupting the supply chain - for everybody?
I bought a couple gloves on Amazon for $8 each, and they're great. I'm now seeing several guys at my local pool hall playing the exact gloves. Easy to tell because there's a strange and easily visible logo. There are some real bargains out there.

erle flad

the gloves are cheap and work well - no more messy chalk all over the place; mine were like 10 for $12 on Amazon - kind or thin like panty hose but if they wear out or rip I just toss em. Thumb and 2 fingers - so light you don't notice you are wearing them!

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are gloves seemingly not available anymore? I actually wrote to Molinari and asked if they were still in business (no reply yet, amazingly enough). It seems to be all decent brands though. Covid still disrupting the supply chain - for everybody?
So I guess Molinari gloves aren't available in the USA?

ldl01031

So I guess Molinari gloves aren't available in the USA?
I haven't found any in other countries web sites either. Molinari says they are designing a new glove for the fall. I don't know what that means in terms of availability though. Hopefully, supplies will pick up at that time.

skiergd011013

20220822_201539.jpg

Last edited:

Nyquil

I have a CF shaft. And it gets just as sticky as a wood shaft. "Back in the day" talc was the only real answer (along with washing your hands before and probably during a match). The smoothness of a glove just can't be beat.
A lot of people are unaware of this I think. My CF revo is less slick than my wood shafts when it's really humid. I do have to upkeep the wood to keep it super slick but it's very minimal effort. +1 for wood.

skiergd011013

A lot of people are unaware of this I think. My CF revo is less slick than my wood shafts when it's really humid. I do have to upkeep the wood to keep it super slick but it's very minimal effort. +1 for wood.
i use mr clean magic erasers on wood, and pledge furniture polish on cf. The erasers pull the chalk and gunk out of the wood like a magnet, and leave it silky smooth, without damaging/sanding the wood.

MajorMiscue

Democat
Gold Member
Why a glove? Almost most of the pros are using CF shafts. You just don't need them with CF shafts. Once a month, maybe a glass alcohol wipe and that is it.
What makes you think you don't need them with cf shafts? Try shooting with and without no matter the shaft material. The glove is a smoother, more consistent feel.

Zerksies

What makes you think you don't need them with cf shafts? Try shooting with and without no matter the shaft material. The glove is a smoother, more consistent feel.
You guys just don’t know how to maintain a shaft. My shafts are glass like so damn smooth.