What has happened to Billiards Gloves?

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Some glove deniers ( :ROFLMAO: ) might not have ever played in Louisiana humidity.
I play in my humid garage all summer with no air conditioning. It’s so hot in there sometimes the beeswax in the seams sank a bit. Wood shaft. Never had a need for even powder. And I never clean my shaft…..I burnished it after about 4 mos of use 20-30 hours a week.

It could have something to do with the kamui chalk people use though. The masters on my hands probably keeps the shaft dry.

ldl01031

huh? It shows 6 in stock.
Yeah... one of each color. Seem suspicious? And then this:

1659141277400.png

ldl01031

I would recommend McDermott“s glove. Very good quality and good feel, lasted me so far for two years.
Thanks. I ordered one and will check it out. I must admit I don't know about pooldawg anymore. They don't carry this glove and 95% of everything they carry is always out of stock. Oh well.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Well, you've got my interest. I obviously don't know where to look. Amazon, PoolDawg, eBay, retailers across the world that Molinari recommended, and on and on...

I can't say I would buy them by the hundreds, but perhaps 20 or so would be fine. Is this only through you, or do you have links to share?
Thru my website doubledavecues.com
I don't stock everything but I do stock a lot and all the brands I mentioned I either have quite a few in stock or can get them within days.

ldl01031

Thru my website doubledavecues.com
I don't stock everything but I do stock a lot and all the brands I mentioned I either have quite a few in stock or can get them within days.
Thanks. It seems you are down to the (sorry...unwearable) red/yellow/cyan. If you can find Black (or Navy Blue), that would be great.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I didn't realise you're a lefty.

Sorry but those 3 colors are the only ones currently available. Cyan is the best selling colour for us?

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would recommend McDermott“s glove. Very good quality and good feel, lasted me so far for two years.
I like McDermott gloves to. Gloves are pretty nice, I have to admit. Another plus for gloves is that I don’t have to deal with the callus on my middle finger of the bridge hand. That sucker use to get painful when it would dry out and crack, now with the glove it is a non factor.

ldl01031

I didn't realise you're a lefty.

Sorry but those 3 colors are the only ones currently available. Cyan is the best selling colour for us?
No, not a lefty - the glove choice is for the hand you wear it on. To each his own for color but I have a sneaky suspicion that if you had black and navy, they would outsell the cyan. Perhaps in Germany the color preferences are just different than mine though. Thanks for trying to get me gloves!

ldl01031

Try eBay.👍

Thanks. Tried that though. There are still a few places where you can get (Molinari) Red/Yellow/Cyan. Those colors aren't for me. I still have a couple of new Navy-Blue gloves tucked away. I'm interested to see what the McDermott glove is like.

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why a glove? Almost most of the pros are using CF shafts. You just don't need them with CF shafts. Once a month, maybe a glass alcohol wipe and that is it.

And a large amount of those pros wear a glove.

Consistency is important in any game or sport. The glove is always the same. Your hand moisture and such can change.

TipWilson

A first. Had to try a glove. Ended up with these econo units.

ufiSxg7.jpg

Hand specific cut/sewn. I like it more than I thought I would. Still shoot bare handed....use it sometimes.