What has happened to Cory Deuel?

Buckster_uk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Over the last few tourneys, Cory has not been performing, anyone care to explain why?

I am trying to get a good picture of all the players and their form going into the Worlds as I want to try and find out who might win.

So, any explanation on Cory?

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cory's luck has run out. And the other players know that .Any strong A player can beat him now. Never think your god when it comes to pool. You'll never know who's working on there game just beat you.....Or him.

Buckster_uk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really?

I have seen him play and he is a fantastic player. I know 9-ball has a lot of luck involved, but surely the top players like Cory can beat anyone. What do you mean by his luck has run out?

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
I don't think Corey is down on his luck, just is off a little lately! He doesn't need much luck, he's a smart and talented YOUNG player with a very rewarding future ahead of him. Maybe he has some personal things going on in his life that are demanding more of him mentally. Who knows!

...Zim

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Cory IS (and always has been) a great player with a lot of talent. Cory has overcome great obstacles to get where he is today, and despite having a few bad outings this year, will ALWAYS be a factor. Cory also works a lot on his golf game, which might also have something to do with his lackluster play as of late. Give him time to reevaluate, refocus, and he'll adjust and fine tune his game to get himself back to the top of the mountain. Cory is a champion, and I guarantee you he will respond like one. Many were writing Johnny Archer off a few years ago.

As far as the Worlds go, it comes down to the 4 top players. Right now, there are 4 guys that are playing some awesome pool. Johnny Archer, Ralf Souquet, Francisco Bustamante, and John Schmidt (pictured below). Yes, I said John Schmidt. This guy runs 100 balls for breakfast, 150 for lunch, another 150 for dinner, and 200+ for dessert. Surround this guy with the right people that can provide the proper guidance, and it could be a long ride on top for this guy. He is the real deal.

Attachments

• schmidt1.jpg
    schmidt1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 590

jjinfla

Banned
Could it be that Cory is thinking about turning pro in golf? I don't know but heard that he is a scratch player. But of course that usually is not enough to become a golf pro. But he could be eyeing the money in it, being out in the fresh air, only having to play 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours a day in tournaments, all those adoring fans, especially the women. LOL

Like I said 3 days ago..........Look out for John!!!!!!!!! He ran 100 something.......got a bad rall then ran 285..........came back the next day and ran close to 200 agian. He is the House Pro down here at Hidden Pockets in FL. He just moved here a month or 2 ago...........................STRONG PLAYA!............as for surounding himself with the right people........He is the right people to surround himself with. He is all about POOL, He don't smoke, drink, or even think about drugs.......He is just getting started and will be around for awhile! Because he has his head on straight and LOVES POOL.

Last edited:

Zims Rack

Silver Member
Pooltablemech- I'm going to be in your area in a few weeks. Where is Hidden Pockets located at? I'll be in Ft Walton Beach, any action around there?

...Zim

Starcade in Ft Walton is the best place to play, but for action..............a handicap weekly tournament has run every player away. But they have 20 or so table.........7 GC4s and 6 Gandys.........and a side fulla 8 ft bar tables.................Hidden Pockets is in Milton......which is like 40 mins from Ft Walton. What kinda game ya lookin for.................?

Zims Rack

Silver Member
I am only going to be there for about 2 weeks over the 4th of July week. I've actually played at Starcade a few times last November. They had a 9-Ball annual tournament that I played in and shared a coke and coffee with Nick Varner. That place is okay! I was just looking to see if there's anywhere that has action so I could stop in and see what's up! Not necessarily looking to play some, just watch some and see who's who. I plan to open a pool hall in that area in the future!

...Zim

J

Joe Mama

pooltablemech, if you like schmidt so much why don't you ask him out on a date. Anyway, my money is Corey if they were ever to match up...Schmidt is just having his 15 minutes in the spotlight.

15 mins?? LMAO John has been playing like this for ahwile......Not sure what your remark was for........but thats like the ole guy that will go get his buddy to beat ya up kinda deal. :D

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
. Anyway, my money is Corey if they were ever to match up...Schmidt is just having his 15 minutes in the spotlight

ummmmmm. I don't think so. You have obviously never seen John Schmidt play pool. 15 minutes? This guy can go weeks without missing a shot. Look at the scores in Reno this past week. He didn't just win, he annihilated everybody in his path.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Joe. Corey was out in Reno. They could have matched up, it was just that Schmidt was on the winners side the whole time and Corey couldn't get by Marshall Jung and Johnny Archer.

Mike

P

playerinc

If Corey would like to play John Schmidt some 14.1, one pocket then come on down. Corey may have the best of the 9ball maybe but if he wants to play ALL games come on down "P.S. they can even play golf".

J

Joe Mama

As a matter of fact, I have seen him play quite a bit. In the past year or so, I have ran into him in two tournaments - He won once and I won once. He is a strong player and a very nice guy, but he doesn't have the consistency to play with Corey, Earl, or Efren. He played admirably in one tournament, and people are hailing him as the next messiah. Anybody can play superior pool over a few days, but it is the consistency that makes the grade.

railbird25

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
corey got really known and started messing around with the girls and that's what has him playing bad...he'll snap out of it