What is going to COST ME to attend the DCC

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Hmmm...what's sleep?

Lack of sleep can always be compensated for by going up the street to the Sam's Club and buying a case of Red Bull. Avoiding the alcohol will also help with afternoon naps. It is always slow in the 2pm to 5pm time slot. Everyone that doesnt have a match is passed out in their room. Timberly is right on the mark saying the DCC is what you make of it. If you are a tennis nut, you dont avoid taking a cheap trip to Wimbeldon because you dont like afternoon tea, right? . Lack of sleep and pool have gone hand in hand forever. Rest up before you go. Rest up when you go home. You won't be sorry you went. :)

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
PoolSleuth said:
The above stories tell me to save my money and stay home.

One less person sucking up much needed oxygen. More for the rest of us no sleepin' booze drinkin', rail sweatin' and set bettin' pool junkies...lol !!

T

Timberly

Voodoo Daddy said:
One less person sucking up much needed oxygen. More for the rest of us no sleepin' booze drinkin', rail sweatin' and set bettin' pool junkies...lol !!
LMFAO, you said it much better than I... :p

Cheers!

Attachments

• toast.jpg
    toast.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 250

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Poolsleuth... If you can get to El Paso by Jan 1 - you can ride w/ me. I'm probably going to split a room 4 ways with other players - you're more than welcome to join us ... the more the merrier!

PS... Bring a sleeping bag and lots of No-doz... and you'll be just fine.

PoolSleuth

Banned
Blackjack said:
Poolsleuth... If you can get to El Paso by Jan 1 - you can ride w/ me. I'm probably going to split a room 4 ways with other players - you're more than welcome to join us ... the more the merrier!

PS... Bring a sleeping bag and lots of No-doz... and you'll be just fine.

Blackjack thank for the offer, hopefully by than I will have NEW WHEELS, if not I will take you up on your offer...

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
PoolSleuth said:
Bin think of going to the DCC in January, and the Dog will get me there and Back for about 250 CLAMS

What can I expect to pay for a Room, Food, Entry Fees, Bus Fair fronm the Dog to the DCC area, etc?

Thanks. ;)

I was there a day early and left a day after it all ended. We drove down from Florida. Gas, Food, Room, Entry to all events, Any mini tournaments, Side action and etc.. You should bring atleast $2k to be ok.

Last edited:

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
Timberly said:
LMFAO, you said it much better than I... :p

Cheers!
I've been on a Corona kick lately. I think it's going to be my beer of choice for a long while. I guess I'll have to bring my own to the DCC. I wonder if that's allowed.

Purdman

Banned
PoolSleuth said:
I better get a Job....:eek:

I hear Taco Bell is hiring. I can hear all them tips clinking in the botom of da jar right now!:D You are on your way Bruce!!!
Your Buddy, Purdman:cool:

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey let me say,I have been to three dcc's and seven or eight us opens and they are both awesome whether you play or sweat.I drive from Charlotte NC in 6 hours almost, good ride all interstate but beware of nasty weather coming and going as it is cold as heck up there. It has been about 30 degrees colder than Charlotte every year. I promise that you'll see great pool in tournament and action room, I just hope I can find AZ room this year I asked last year and they thought I was crazy. I'll ask for Timberly sounds like someone will know her whereabouts. Have fun Leonard

T

Timberly

poolcuemaster said:
I'll ask for Timberly sounds like someone will know her whereabouts. Have fun Leonard
LOL, I talk to everyone (you're from down south, you know how us southerners are :p ) not everyone knows me though. It's very easy to find the room. Coming from the main lobby head down the long hallway towards the tourney area. About halfway down on the right you'll see a hallway with two doors on the left, one on the right and double doors at the end. The az room was the 2nd door on the left. I'll try to make sure the sign in the main hallway is more visible this yr. ;)

Hal said:
I've been on a Corona kick lately. I think it's going to be my beer of choice for a long while. I guess I'll have to bring my own to the DCC. I wonder if that's allowed.
Corona's are great! I take mine with 2 limes. ;) Yes, you can bring your own beer. SteveLomako was kind enough to grab me a case one time when he went out. I brought a soft sided cooler from home last yr.

What I would love to have is a cooler that was raffled away at a cook out I went to last wkend.... it was a cooler on one of those stand up skate board type of scooters.... The cooler sits on top of the skateboard part and you sit on top of the cooler and drive. LOL, it even had a cup holder for your beer. What I wouldn't give to have that at the Open to drive up to the picnic table outside after hours and then again to drive around the DCC. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :D