What is the standard balance point and standard butt size for a Tim Scruggs cue?

buyit

What would you conclude if a seller told you that a TS cue he was selling had a standard balance point and standard butt size?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
What would you conclude if a seller told you that a TS cue he was selling had a standard balance point and standard butt size?
I would conclude he has neither a caliper, good business sense or a measuring tape.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would ask the question as to whether he means that the reference point being standards for a Tim Scruggs cue or standards for cues in general. I don't know the answer to the first question, whether or not Tim had a standard for his cues- I own one- never measured those for my cue. The answer to the second question is that there are no standards for those measurements for cues in general.

If you are really interested in the cue - and those measurements are important to you - just have him measure the cue- all you need is a tape measure that can fit around the butt wherever you want is measured and the balance point can be measured from the bumper with the shaft on the cue.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
I would conclude he isn't putting a lot of stock in your question, and is responding in kind.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Having Scruggs cues from the 80's 90's and 2000's I can tell you that the butt diameter changed through the years.

For the most part they got thinner.

It also depends on the cue, I have a titlist conversion that the specs are very different from the other customs I have.

There is no one answer.