What Is Up With Master Chalk?

Das Cue-Boot

profit is profit. especially to someone who isnt making money off the legit product.

and counterfeiting quarters does pay as can be seen by a few of our semi famous pool players that made a fair amount of money from similar tactics till they got caught. but those in china dont have to worry about legal problems from it all they have to do is change to another product.
It is interesting to watch the psychology of counterfeiting. If you counterfeit a really cheap product, you have to distribute too much to make a profit, and people look too closely and often register expensive products. When I was assigned in Korea, we found that the North Koreans flooded the market with counterfeit 20s. If I cashed a check at the exchange, it would often take me two or three tries back and forth with the cashier to get 10 non-counterfeit 20s on a $200 check. The commies, in a moment of capitalist regression, realized there was too much scrutiny on the larger bills, and too much work to distribute the smaller ones.

Still, I don’t understand the profit to be made on a pack of chalk that sells for $2.50 from a legitimate seller, so I would subscribe to the formula change theory.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
The only explanation that I can think of is that the color came from the cloth.
I think this is the cause. You can't always see how dirty the cloth is but the filth is coming from somewhere.

I'd stealthily sneak a wrung out paper towel from the restroom and spot test the cloth, especially from the common breaking areas. Lots of chalk embedded in the locations at the start of the break lines.

It's also surprising how many people chalk over the table and rails.

Mr Machine

Maybe the chalk was stored (pre purchase) in a very humid environment?
Outdoor shed, car trunk, shipping container?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Friends are giving me sympathy cubes of Taom.

Lou Figueroa
Did Tweeten re-direct you to the tech dept after loss of feedback/miscue from dusty chalk? nothing to write taom' bout. Makes me want to turn cart wheels cross the floor. So I too have noticed the deterioration - simple answer just warsh my hands Mo often lou.

Last edited: