What Is Up With Master Chalk?

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way I hear Amazon works is a vendor ships to Amazon stuff they say is asin whatever. It gets thrown is a bin for that asin (not really, but logically). There's no record of what supplier provided which of the supposedly identical items in that bin. When counterfeit stuff goes in the bin, there's a chance you get it no matter which seller you buy from.

My bet is still on this being fake and lots of people buying from Amazon. Ill correct that if tweeten says they changed formulas.

Only other option is just a quality issue.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
profit is profit. especially to someone who isnt making money off the legit product.

and counterfeiting quarters does pay as can be seen by a few of our semi famous pool players that made a fair amount of money from similar tactics till they got caught. but those in china dont have to worry about legal problems from it all they have to do is change to another product.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
companies that make products for the u.s. have their machines set up for the production run.. and all they have to do is over run or change the composition of the materials to make it more cheaply and their cost is minimal for their goods to sell to the unsuspecting.
it is big business.

that is why you buy from the legitimate distributor of the product. that gives you by far the best chance of having a superior product.
especially from things made in china.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think your hand got blue like that from the cloth being dirty and full of chalk not from a chalk being too soft. Even if i tried very hard i don’t think i could get it on the palm of my hand just by chalking the tip.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

As previously mentioned, table had just been recovered.

Lou Figueroa

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So, I did an experiment. I have a piece of Taom and it's all I used yesterday. My bridge hand came out dark blue going on black after 2-3 hours. The cloth doesn't look that dirty -- it's almost new -- but evidently the new chalk dust is there. I'm guessing there is a new pigment in the chalk that is either stickier or more intense than the previous version.

stewie

So, I did an experiment. I have a piece of Taom and it's all I used yesterday. My bridge hand came out dark blue going on black after 2-3 hours. The cloth doesn't look that dirty -- it's almost new -- but evidently the new chalk dust is there. I'm guessing there is a new pigment in the chalk that is either stickier or more intense than the previous version.
Taom or Masters? I am confused. Taom did this to you? To me, Taom is super clean. Masters gets on my hand.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

stewie

I was just surprised as this was more about Masters being dirty. I just have a different experience, then.

dquarasr

Registered
Taom V10 is light green. I don't understand how your hand came out dark blue. Perhaps the table had an accumulation of other brand's dark blue chalk, and the table isn't as clean and free of latent chalk as you may have thought?

stewie

Taom V10 is light green. I don't understand how your hand came out dark blue. Perhaps the table had an accumulation of other brand's dark blue chalk, and the table isn't as clean and free of latent chalk as you may have thought?
Taom Pyro would be blue

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Taom or Masters? I am confused. Taom did this to you? To me, Taom is super clean. Masters gets on my hand.
I didn't speak clearly. The chalk provided in the room is Masters blue chalk. That is what I normally use. Nearly everyone in the room uses the chalk the room provides. For my experiment, I used Taom that is a light blue-green. My bridge hand ended up nearly black at the end of three hours of play.

How can this happen?

It is not the Taom.

The only explanation that I can think of is that the color came from the cloth. The cloth is relatively new and looks relatively clean. It seems that it has chalk dust in it and that chalk dust turned my hand dark. This is quite different from my previous experience in that room, which was a somewhat bluish hand at the end of a few hours play.

stewie

I didn't speak clearly. The chalk provided in the room is Masters blue chalk. That is what I normally use. Nearly everyone in the room uses the chalk the room provides. For my experiment, I used Taom that is a light blue-green. My bridge hand ended up nearly black at the end of three hours of play.

How can this happen?

It is not the Taom.

The only explanation that I can think of is that the color came from the cloth. The cloth is relatively new and looks relatively clean. It seems that it has chalk dust in it and that chalk dust turned my hand dark. This is quite different from my previous experience in that room, which was a somewhat bluish hand at the end of a few hours play.
Gotcha. I went out yesterday and used Taom. It was the better experience. My hand also still got dirty from the cloth, just not too much. I thought you meant Taom made your hands dirty.