What is your highest run? - signature suggestion

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to bounce an idea around.
There is a lot of great advice on this forum.
However, it would be nice to know who is giving the advice.
How about putting in your signature a little information such as:

Highest run on 9ft table both 8 & 9 ball.
A typical number of ERO’s and 1st attempts in a race to 5(or so) against equal or better opposition.

What do you guys think?
 
Just wanted to bounce an idea around.
There is a lot of great advice on this forum.
However, it would be nice to know who is giving the advice.
How about putting in your signature a little information such as:

Highest run on 9ft table both 8 & 9 ball.
A typical number of ERO’s and 1st attempts in a race to 5(or so) against equal or better opposition.

What do you guys think?

I'd be too embarrassed to reveal such info... :embarrassed2:
 
Just wanted to bounce an idea around.
There is a lot of great advice on this forum.
However, it would be nice to know who is giving the advice.
How about putting in your signature a little information such as:

Highest run on 9ft table both 8 & 9 ball.
A typical number of ERO’s and 1st attempts in a race to 5(or so) against equal or better opposition.

What do you guys think?

Eh, I don't think it's necessary to do that. A lot of the forum members carry their reputations with them. You should know by reading a few threads who's held in high regard with their advice, who chimes in from time to time, and who Travis Trotter is.

Why do I put my stuff in my profile? It's a kind of motivation to get better. Everyone can clearly see my bests, and I look forward to updating it as I get better.
 
Eh, I don't think it's necessary to do that. A lot of the forum members carry their reputations with them. You should know by reading a few threads who's held in high regard with their advice, who chimes in from time to time, and who Travis Trotter is.

Why do I put my stuff in my profile? It's a kind of motivation to get better. Everyone can clearly see my bests, and I look forward to updating it as I get better.

So you say you don't like Travis Trotter, huh? :D
 
Not a bad idea but if you want to rate the pieces of advice you get, I can tell you that 200+ runners can give terrible advice and under 50 runners can make excellent coaches. So don't get too much caught with someones abilities on the table, many good players don't have any idea what they are doing :)

If you don't believe me, I've run 5 racks in both 8- and 9-ball and 85 in 14.1 and 88 on 12-footer snooker table! (note sarcasm :) )
 
Eh, I don't think it's necessary to do that. A lot of the forum members carry their reputations with them. You should know by reading a few threads who's held in high regard with their advice, who chimes in from time to time, and who Travis Trotter is.

Why do I put my stuff in my profile? It's a kind of motivation to get better. Everyone can clearly see my bests, and I look forward to updating it as I get better.

Some of them do have the reputation but one has to become a regular to find out who can actually play and not just talk trash..........:)
 
Not a bad idea but if you want to rate the pieces of advice you get, I can tell you that 200+ runners can give terrible advice and under 50 runners can make excellent coaches. So don't get too much caught with someones abilities on the table, many good players don't have any idea what they are doing :)

If you don't believe me, I've run 5 racks in both 8- and 9-ball and 85 in 14.1 and 88 on 12-footer snooker table! (note sarcasm :) )

You are absolutely right best players often just do it and cannot explain how. However, to be able to teach one should be able to run a couple of racks. Unless, of course we are talking about girls in the bar and then we can all be teachers..............:)
 
You are absolutely right best players often just do it and cannot explain how. However, to be able to teach one should be able to run a couple of racks. Unless, of course we are talking about girls in the bar and then we can all be teachers..............:)

How's that even possible to just do something like pool and yet not be able to explain it?

Is it so hard to explain what english you put on a ball to make it go in w/e pattern you used?
 
High runs aren't very telling of a players caliber, only the gear they managed to hit once. When I hit my high run in 9 ball, although I was happy with myself, I was more impressed that I managed to make a ball on the break that many times.

I would be more interested in averages. However since such a thing is generally up to interpretation, that is rather difficult too.

Although you could have everyone post their handicap/rating in their signature I fear that some would get in to the habit of checking a posters signature before determining whether it is worth reading or not.

Besides you can usually figure out who knows what they are talking about fairly quickly. And if anyone posts anything that is well off base, someone is likely to call them out on it. It's not that often though that anyone posts anything that is completely wrong. The worst I usually see is regurgitated text book advice.
 
How's that even possible to just do something like pool and yet not be able to explain it?

Is it so hard to explain what english you put on a ball to make it go in w/e pattern you used?

Not everyone can teach. One can have misconceptions and still make balls it has happened before.

Thanks for all the input that idea is a bust………..
 
knock knock...whose there?

a bunch of lying pool players!

The guys who will tell you they run 7 racks probably cant.

The guys who tell you their highest run is about a rack might be playing position on you.

Im jaded I guess by all those years in the pool room...
 
knock knock...whose there?

a bunch of lying pool players!

The guys who will tell you they run 7 racks probably cant.

The guys who tell you their highest run is about a rack might be playing position on you.

Im jaded I guess by all those years in the pool room...

I agree,

I once caught a fish this big...
 
Back
Top