What is your hourly fee to play Pool or day pass fee?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Our community room
Is closed two weeks.🤯

Called around yesterday to commercial places rate seem high.

$6.00-$10.00/hr, couple of deals on day passed $10.00-$20.00 up till 4 or 5 pm.

Pierre Shakes

Registered
CocoCow: I'm surprised that with your expertise and opinions about pool, that you don't support BUSINESSES that rely on pool, but instead play at a seniors ? center.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
CocoCow: I'm surprised that with your expertise and opinions about pool, that you don't support BUSINESSES that rely on pool, but instead play at a seniors ? center.

I live in age restricted community with nice room with 28, or 29 Tables.

Use to years ago go to some local Bars, and Rooms with tournments.

Most closed, change hands, or went to crap. So I say home.

This support thing you talk about is two way street, Pool Room, or Pool Bar should not have to survive like charity.

One of largest venues in Valley is a pit, you walk in front door, you smell great kitchen, place was cleaned one, but not recently. Area where it is is full of homeless, and psnhsndlers.

Not a place you will find me, and it baffles me people go there.

Zerksies

Around me it's $15 pass from 1pm-6pm hourly is $9.

The owner bitches that i don't do the pass and my rebuttal is every time I come into this place it's empty. The closest I've gotten to a game in that place is a banger playing 8 ball.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Around me it's $15 pass from 1pm-6pm hourly is $9.

The owner bitches that i don't do the pass and my rebuttal is every time I come into this place it's empty. The closest I've gotten to a game in that place is a banger playing 8 ball.
Wonder who place is empty? Owner does zero to pack place?

Or Pool is not in vogue where u pu live, it has no following?

Zerksies

Wonder who place is empty? Owner does zero to pack place?

Or Pool is not in vogue where u pu live, it has no following?
Should be enough "players" around. APA and Tap has many league nights that are packed. I know it's summer pool don't stop because it's warm out. I've been to this place many times during peak hours and this place is dead.

It don't help that this guy does not keep anything in good condition. Cloth is worn, tables are dirty, worn out chalk.

It's time to travel to other places. I'll take the hour drive to places where i know will be action.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Should be enough "players" around. APA and Tap has many league nights that are packed. I know it's summer pool don't stop because it's warm out. I've been to this place many times during peak hours and this place is dead.

It don't help that this guy does not keep anything in good condition. Cloth is worn, tables are dirty, worn out chalk.

It's time to travel to other places. I'll take the hour drive to places where i know will be action.
Sound like typical owner who is struggling to survive. Has no money to recover tables? Or buy cleaning supplies, maybe its a hobby business.

Owner don’t care.

DDiabolico

DDiabolico
At our pool hall members pay around € 30.00 ($ 30.00) a MONTH for unlimited play time. We have weekly tournaments, tables get recovered once a year, food and drinks are fine. It's not a big place though.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We do $9 play all day and players still cry/ haggle because they are busted. That's not my problem. You are playing on the best equipment available.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
$100/month for 24/7 access to 4 diamonds.
Tables vacuumed and balls cleaned every time they are used.
A good friend also has 4 diamond tables at his house. Unless I'm playing league or a tournament, I'm at one of these spots 98% of the time.
Closest thing to a pool hall is a bar with 3 oversized 8 footers. I think it's about $5/hour. The rest are bars with 2-4 Valley bar boxes, most of them in pretty poor shape.
cVU1ida.jpg

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At our pool hall members pay around € 30.00 ($ 30.00) a MONTH for unlimited play time. We have weekly tournaments, tables get recovered once a year, food and drinks are fine. It's not a big place though.

That is an incredibly low cost, considering many players spend $30 a week on table time, even at a cheaper rate like $5 an hour. It's nice for the players, but the owners are losing out on a lot of revenue, unless the "members" are actually members and you pay a yearly fee for joining or something.

Gear101

The Rack, here in town of 7usd an hour for all players. Hate when a pool hall charges per player, what did the table get bigger or it can handle more than one player at a time. Other pool hall in town chargers 6 and hour per player, so 4 players 24usd an hour. I'll take two tables then.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
We have guest pass where I live $5.00/day/person, people still try & avoid the fee. I think it’s a deal.