What is your match greeting?

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
bigskyjake said:
"this is gonna hurt you alot more than it's gonna hurt me":D :D
"I'm Steve" and offer a handshake. Then if they say "good luck" or something, I'll say "have a good game". Then I'll lie if neccessary at then end and say "good game". Of course, it is really only a good game when I win. :rolleyes: :D

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
BazookaJoe said:
"My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father..........prepare to die"

That only really makes an impression if you keep repeating it over and over. LOL

I ususally shake their hand and say, "Let's do this." I try to do this before they say good luck, because I can't stand that. If luck is part of your game, wish it upon yourself...I want to earn it! ;)

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Something like this:

Me: Good Luck!!! *then mutters the following to himself* you're gonna need it
Opponent: What was that?
Me: Nothing *smiles*

bigskyjake

you heard the man
Silver Member
Icon of Sin said:
Something like this:

Me: Good Luck!!! *then mutters the following to himself* you're gonna need it
Opponent: What was that?
Me: Nothing *smiles*

OH HELL YEAH

McKinneyMiner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I notice that a lot of people in leagues and tournaments around here have switched over to the "Shoot Well" greeting instead of "Good Luck."

I am still a bit old fashioned and I make sure that I wish all of my opponents "Good Luck" prior to the first break either by walking over to them prior to my breaking or getting to them prior to them breaking.

I guess I still say "Good Luck" because, truth be told, I don't want my opponent to "Shoot Well." I want them to dog their brains out and leave me easy outs. I'm prepared for that not to happen, but it's what I am hoping for.

I think I can outrun a little good luck. Harder to outrun someone who is shooting well.

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
BazookaJoe said:
"My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father..........prepare to die"
O.K. you win this post,lol
but what i say is ..........I f,ed your mother,now im gonna f you...just kidding, relax people.lol

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
I just go with the handshake & "I'm Ade, good to meet you." I'm not into wishing luck.

Now what about at the end of the game? I find that a lot harder, some people say "Well played" to the loser. What??? Obviously not if they lost!! I think just "Thanks" is the best way out of that one.

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
supergreenman said:
I'm just learning ;)
hey green,whats going on with my oilers,hope they get it together,i live in calgary,hate the flames love the oilers,you must play in the walmac league.good luck.i play b.c.a. with s.m.l.in calgary.

MrLucky

Pool Fanatic!!
Silver Member
Good Luck! to 95% of my opponents!

and when faced with one of the local jerks ! I simply say Let's get it on!!!!! :D