What Jump Cue will Fedor use ?

Smutzc

I’m not real savvy on the new sponsor, Tripple Sixty/Viking/whyte Carbon. Do they offer a top of the line jump cue ?

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What constitutes TOTL? Judging by the top of the line representative, no. I believe Whyte comes in colors besides black.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably combine the Viking jump butt with WC jump shaft. Same for his breaker, half Vike/half WC.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My money is on it being another Propel knock off, similar to the Air Rush, which doesn't have an all composite construction - only a carbon Fiber shaft. I've heard that they cut up a Propel trying to benchmark it.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
My money is on it being another Propel knock off, similar to the Air Rush, which doesn't have an all composite construction - only a carbon Fiber shaft. I've heard that they cut up a Propel trying to benchmark it.
Fair enough, Fedor was swearing by his Propel once he got grip of it first time. Propel had major impact on Fedor handling those jump shots. So that's kinf of expected, trying to reproduce the same thing which worked wonders.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Fedor jumps so good that it doesn't matter what he uses. It will be nice for them to design a jump cue that he really likes though.
Should be easy, too, as he'll have a lot of input in how they design it.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t know about easy. I’m guessing Gorst will be very particular about what he is using. No way he settles for something inferior to his previous jumper. They will have to get it right, or keep on trying.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t know about easy. I’m guessing Gorst will be very particular about what he is using. No way he settles for something inferior to his previous jumper. They will have to get it right, or keep on trying.
Guys like Gorst and Styer - tall, perfect jumping mechanisms. Really the Indian not the arrow...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fair enough, Fedor was swearing by his Propel once he got grip of it first time. Propel had major impact on Fedor handling those jump shots. So that's kinf of expected, trying to reproduce the same thing which worked wonders.
FG could hop his rock with a pencil erasr stuck on the end of a curtain rod. Its not the cue folks.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, but no. If they make a crappy jump stick, it won't sell like hotcakes. There is already a standard out there. Fortunately, this scenario will never play out. Gorst won't go for it. They will come with something that matches, or exceeds, the current offerings.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, but no. If they make a crappy jump stick, it won't sell like hotcakes. There is already a standard out there. Fortunately, this scenario will never play out. Gorst won't go for it. They will come with something that matches, or exceeds, the current offerings.
Why would they make and market a crappy one? It's Gorst not Fats.