What kind of Ferrell is this?

TC9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMG_4215.jpeg

Had a customer come in last week with this, I would rather replace it with an original ferrule, then remove the pin and put in a tenon
 
Amazing what you find on these older cues. I did work on a Veryl Horn cue, a few years back, it had a steel very small maybe 10- 24 tenon threaded into a solid piece of ivory .
 
Last edited:
Bad. It's a bad ferrule. Deflection will be high. No serious shooter would ever want it as a player.
If they want it to stay original, just get a tap that matches and make them a new ferrule.
 
This Cue has sentimental value for the owner.
There are few people that have original Paradise, Adam, Palmer, Viking, and others ferrules like that.

I think National may have as well.

But honestly, it's probably better to make one.

I definitely would not dowel it, especially since it has sentimental value.

Some will say it would not perform right, they should buy a new cue and never touch vintage cues IMHO.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top