What pool players do when not playing pool

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Those are a classic iron set. I also play a set of forged Adams irons. I wish they'd bring them back. The faces on mine are getting tired, and I'd love another set.

Nice.

Talking old(ish) irons, my heart will always be with these...

TA protos.
callaway-tour-authentic-prototype_1_2f8777acf11ca9601e424a6dadba8f39.jpg

DryFlyTrout

Fly fishing is how I spend most of my free time. Tying flies is part of that. Not a part I love but I do it anyway. Then there's paintball. I don't play as much as I used to but shooting people still entertains me. Finally I whitewater kayak when I'm lucky enough to have schedules match up with my river friends.

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fly fishing is how I spend most of my free time. Tying flies is part of that. Not a part I love but I do it anyway. Then there's paintball. I don't play as much as I used to but shooting people still entertains me. Finally I whitewater kayak when I'm lucky enough to have schedules match up with my river friends.
I double fist it with fishing poles(spin rod & fly pole). I am in western MT, if you dont carry both then you dont like fish. I should try the paint ball thing.....I want to shoot people to 😂

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do a lot of crappie fishing in the spring, kayak and river fishing in the summer and a lot of hunting in the fall/winter. It’s a wonder I even have time to practice my pool game and it’s a big reason why I don’t play a lot of tournaments.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm very boring, only thing I do regularly outside of shooting pool is video games, mostly World of Warcraft. Read books. Build/fix computers. Have a few guitars and a piano but have not touched either one in a long time. Get on a bike once in a while (pedal not vroom vroom bike). Never played golf past hitting a few balls on a driving range and can't remember last time I fished, must have been over 20 years ago for sure, and not seriously at all.

UAByZgK.jpg

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
It's goes. All wheel drive, 1500hp. 8s 1/4 mile.
These days, high performance cars are a bit like having a 14" Penis...a great crowd pleaser, but where are you going to use it? Audi R8 fun on track days, but in a traffic jam, my wife's Camry is just as fast and more comfortable. Used to have a Porsche...a '72 911S. Became a royal pain in the butt when it turned into a sought after collectable. Wanted something I could park behind a pool hall & walk in without looking back, so in '09 bought a then new Mustang "bullitt" model...just a 4.6 liter...0-60 in around 5 seconds, bit less than 14 in the quarter. Great for street & highway, it does nothing spectacular and everything well. Has caused zero hassles in the 32,000 miles I've driven it. At age 78, guess I've become a sort-of ex car guy.

Not slamming you, by the way...by all means, enjoy. I have zero regrets of my time spent playing with cars. Maybe offering this as suggesting your future? I dunno...

pic of my old ride...it's now under the care of a friend in Istanbul.

Attachments

• scottride.jpg
    scottride.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 43

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
These days, high performance cars are a bit like having a 14" Penis...a great crowd pleaser, but where are you going to use it? Audi R8 fun on track days, but in a traffic jam, my wife's Camry is just as fast and more comfortable. Used to have a Porsche...a '72 911S. Became a royal pain in the butt when it turned into a sought after collectable. Wanted something I could park behind a pool hall & walk in without looking back, so in '09 bought a then new Mustang "bullitt" model...just a 4.6 liter...0-60 in around 5 seconds, bit less than 14 in the quarter. Great for street & highway, it does nothing spectacular and everything well. Has caused zero hassles in the 32,000 miles I've driven it. At age 78, guess I've become a sort-of ex car guy.

Not slamming you, by the way...by all means, enjoy. I have zero regrets of my time spent playing with cars. Maybe offering this as suggesting your future? I dunno...

It's literally a race car. Track use only, built for roll racing primarily but use it for other events. You really can't drive it on the streets with the way the turbos are tuned. Have a 6.2L SS Camaro, pictured in my original post, for weekend street use (0-60 3.9s/ 11s 1/4) and a Tesla for daily driving. Tesla probably "feels" faster than them all, lol. Sub 3s 0-60. There's also the 66 Chevelle. It's a 502 BB, more for show but it's a back end car with bars and will wheelie past 60' all day. ;) Car shows and such but not as much in recent years.

If I need low key we take the wife's car. :)
1966ChevroletChevelleSS-dfjuhyg13.jpg

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Good on ya, as the Aussies say. As I aged, caring for the toy cars became a sometimes physically painful hassle. I might be still doing it if I had Jay Leno's resources...a well staffed shop to care for the cars, he showing up to play when he wishes.

Oh well, no complaints. I had my fun...hope you enjoy yours. :) Love the tubbed Chevelle, BTW.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's literally a race car. Track use only, built for roll racing primarily but use it for other events. You really can't drive it on the streets with the way the turbos are tuned. Have a 6.2L SS Camaro, pictured in my original post, for weekend street use (0-60 3.9s/ 11s 1/4) and a Tesla for daily driving. Tesla probably "feels" faster than them all, lol. Sub 3s 0-60. There's also the 66 Chevelle. It's a 502 BB, more for show but it's a back end car with bars and will wheelie past 60' all day. ;) Car shows and such but not as much in recent years.

If I need low key we take the wife's car. :) View attachment 643515
:love: :love: :love:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Toll roads/free ways ..late at night. You'd be surprised at some of the stuff that happens out there then! :eek: :eek: :eek: