what say you??

HDR10

HR Custom Cues
Silver Member
guy wants a silver/aluminum/stainless ring under his ferrule!Has anyone seen/done this before??
Do you think it would hurt/help/change the hit??
never seen anything like this other than a shaft J.Baxter has posted for sale that has a black ring of some sort under the ferrule

Mase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
guy wants a silver/aluminum/stainless ring under his ferrule!Has anyone seen/done this before??
never seen anything like this other than a shaft J.Baxter has posted for sale that has a black ring of some sort under the ferrule

Here is one that I did for a customer. This was basically the same material as the ferrule and it seemed to hit about the same. Not sure what metal would hit like.

Attachments

• Ferrule.jpg
    Ferrule.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 231

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It would oxidize and turn the wood black it came in contact with. You could never polish it or you would have black oxidation all over the place, the ferrule the wood, it would be a mess.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member

The guy wants what he wants, so give it to him.
Within 30 days he's going to pay you again to take it out.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That ring on the shaft under the ferrel is a pad , usually used under a tip on a Ivory ferrel, I punched a hole in and slide it under the ferrel , just for a different look. I don't think it did anything to the hit , just looks. Jim

HDR10

HR Custom Cues
Silver Member
Thanks guys I appreciate it!!!!!I know Id rather NOT do a metal of any kind