What the F is going on here?

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you happen to know much about waterproofing a sheet metal roof? I have an old barn building with one, but it drips from half the roofing screws in there. When I get time I plan to replace the screws, but I'm not convinced the old timbers will allow a waterproof seal...

The timbers shouldn't have anything to do with the waterproofing if the roof is in good shape. If you're worried about the current timbers not holding the screws (which I think that's what your concern is) then try longer screws. I would imagine the current screws are .75" to 1.25", just add another 1/2" or 3/4" and screw them in. Clearly, you should use the proper rubber gasketed screws ;)

Reactions: Pin

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just can't agree with that. Call me old school, but I believe sports require strenuous physical activity. Sex is much more of a sport than poker.
I'm saying that I don't think either of them are sports. Agree about sex.

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
The timbers shouldn't have anything to do with the waterproofing if the roof is in good shape. If you're worried about the current timbers not holding the screws (which I think that's what your concern is) then try longer screws. I would imagine the current screws are .75" to 1.25", just add another 1/2" or 3/4" and screw them in. Clearly, you should use the proper rubber gasketed screws ;)
That is what my concern is, and I'll give it a try, thanks. The current ones are maybe a couple of inches, from memory, but I'm sure there's a size up!

middleofnowhere

Registered
I'm saying that I don't think either of them are sports. Agree about sex.
Isn't baseball as well as football and tennis all games? Yet they are also referred to as sports. I actually don't think there is any distinction. Pool is a game, pool is a sport. Unless you ask George Carlin.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Since I'm not from America, I'd never really heard of "cornhole" until a couple of years ago. Until then I though it was only slang for something else..
I watched the World championship final of this, and I've got to say, this is the least interesting sport I've ever watched, by far. As far as I can tell, it has very little strategy and depth to it. Some guys throwing bags into a hole. It makes shuffleboard look like rocket science by comparison.

It's pretty telling that this is on TV and pool is not...
I was born and raised on the USA, I too thought "cornhole" was only slang for something else until a couple of years ago. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

chenjy9

Isn't baseball as well as football and tennis all games? Yet they are also referred to as sports. I actually don't think there is any distinction. Pool is a game, pool is a sport. Unless you ask George Carlin.
For me, a sport involves strenuous activity like running, jumping, etc. Things like poker, pool, chess, video games are all not sports to me. People that do those things just like being called “athlete” as it is much more socially appealing.

chenjy9

Golf isnt strenuous.
Playing Spades or Dirty Hearts for pushups can be brutal.

The lines can be blurry.
The amount of force and training required to consistently and accurately make drives in golf as well as the actual amount of walking on most courses actually does challenge you on a cardiovascular level. Pushing the pot all in or walking around a 9 foot table or hitting hard on the occasional break does not.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right. I think it's all very objective.

chenjy9

What is this logic? All sports are games, but not all games are sports. There has always been a distinction between the two unless you are the type of person that thinks all rectangles are squares just because a square is a rectangle.

Cuedup

The amount of force and training required to consistently and accurately make drives in golf as well as the actual amount of walking on most courses actually does challenge you on a cardiovascular level. Pushing the pot all in or walking around a 9 foot table or hitting hard on the occasional break does not.
Its easy to imagine going ALL IN puts more strain on the cardiovascular system than hitting a golf ball.

chenjy9

Its easy to imagine going ALL IN puts more strain on the cardiovascular system than hitting a golf ball.

Increased heart rate from nerves or excitement is different than increased heart rate from actual physical activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A few games of pool is not physically demanding but ever been to a 3 day tournament and play on the third day, it's grueling and the folks that do it week in and week out are, IMHO, an athlete. I've in fairly decent shape and it wears me out playing all day.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hilarious watching the mocking of a game that is eating pool's lunch in the battle for broadcast time.
I always said it was penny wise and pound foolish to sneer when ESPN demanded pool pay for its air time while selling the ad space to break even. Thats exactly how cornhole got on TV.