What type of cue do you break with?

What type of joint on a cue do you like to break with?


  • Total voters
    23
  • Poll closed .

JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
Not model of cue, but joint type and why.

I am weighing that option for myself now.

Here's a poll. Here are the options:

Break with:
wood to wood/ implex jointed cue

or

a stainless steel jointed cue

Thanks ahead of time for your comments.
 
Not model of cue, but joint type and why.

I am weighing that option for myself now.

Here's a poll. Here are the options:

Break with:
wood to wood/ implex jointed cue

or

a stainless steel jointed cue

Thanks ahead of time for your comments.

how about an "It doesn't matter to me option"
 
My 'break' cue has neither of your options.

It has a plastic joint with metal screw. But I don't think the joint has more than 2% to do with how the cue feels or performs during a break. The very vast majority of the break cue is in the tip+ferrule, a good deal in the shaft, and almost nothing in the butt or joint.

I, personally, don't like SS joints as they make the cues nose heavy (brass, even more so.) If you do, then that's just fine with me.
 
I use an X Breaker. 5/16-14 piloted w/ fiber joint collar & rings. It has a Samsara JB tip, melamine ferrule, and the shaft is 13 1/8 mm w/ a VERY stiff taper.
All that said...
If you can't swing it straight it doesn't matter.
If you break effectively with it - use it.
 
I am using a Mezz powerbreak wrapless.It is united joint aka modified 5x6/14 piloted.Best break cue i have ever had.:thumbup:
 
Back
Top