What type of tenon?

kgoods

Consistently Inconsistent
Gold Member
Could you wipe the tip off and show a ‘front’ view instead of a side view.
Sorry, shooting late the last couple nights.... here you go.
Two problem spots, looks worse than they are, I'll throw it on the lathe tonight and reshape, it was getting a little smooth again anyway.

TipTopResized.jpg

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
16617370975624088712554922488448.jpg
I final got the Bulletproof tip on and playing. Broke about 6 racks, and tried about 8 Jumps.

These are my first impressions....
It breaks VERY well. Good speed off the tip. Has an excellent feel. Good spin when you want it and full control.

Now the rest....
As a jump tip, I don't like it much. I cant seem to get the ball up like I used to. Not sure why. I have to work with it for a while.

Mike Rys

Blind Owl
View attachment 659046I final got the Bulletproof tip on and playing. Broke about 6 racks, and tried about 8 Jumps.

These are my first impressions....
It breaks VERY well. Good speed off the tip. Has an excellent feel. Good spin when you want it and full control.

Now the rest....
As a jump tip, I don't like it much. I cant seem to get the ball up like I used to. Not sure why. I have to work with it for a while.
They are nice for breaking but they hit way too soft for efficient jumping.
Of course phenolic is unforgiving for breaking but great for jumping. You need a very straight stroke to break consistently with phenolic. My break stroke isn't good enough.
This is why I dislike jump/break cues. They can be good at one but never both.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
I could do that. My brother has a cue lathe. But what I had in mind was the Bulletproof one piece ferrule/tip. Delete the phenolic, but still have a one piece set up.
Go for it. You will need a lathe of some sort. If you dont have one go to a proper repair person and pay them to do it right.