Whatever Happened to Michael Coltrain?

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
The last time I saw Coltrain was in Wilmington NC a couple years ago,He was having uncontrolable shakes in his backswing causing him to miss alot of balls I dont know if he is still playing anymore or not.But I seen a surgery on the news the other day on a man with shakey hands and they turned the nerves off like a light switch.So if u run into him before I do let him know about it or let me know and i will get the info 4 him :smile:

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last time I saw Coltrain was in Wilmington NC a couple years ago,He was having uncontrolable shakes in his backswing causing him to miss alot of balls I dont know if he is still playing anymore or not.But I seen a surgery on the news the other day on a man with shakey hands and they turned the nerves off like a light switch.So if u run into him before I do let him know about it or let me know and i will get the info 4 him :smile:
If I saw the same story you saw, that guy had a form of Parkinsons disease and they implanted something in his brain to turn off the shakes. Coltrain's condition was not Parkinsons and I don't know if this surgery would help.
From what I heard, the shakes got so bad, Coltrain had to stop playing.

DogLoop

Doing some cueing ?
Silver Member
Also had a long hiatus ...

Hello all, just getting back into the game after a long layoff. Whatever happened to Michael Coltrain?

I asked the same question after taking a long time away from competitive play.
The answer I got was definitely a poolroom exaggeration of the same set of answers above.

-On a side note, he played nice and steady. I saw him last at a Camel PBT stop in Denver.