What's the best pool magazine?

What's the best pool magazine?

  • Inside Pool Magazine

    Votes: 29 32.6%
  • Billiards Digest

    Votes: 48 53.9%
  • Pool & Billiard Magazine

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Other

    Votes: 7 7.9%

  • Total voters
    89
i thought inside pool was a great deal wen i ordered but wen i got my first issue it was 2months in one and was with few pages ,billiard digest in one issue has more pages and of course articles....but then again its more pricey ...
 
Well, I like them all most of the time (some more than others for various reasons), but just went through the recent Inside Pool magazine and there isn't a tournament section for the South! What's up with that? No results, no upcoming tournaments, or anything. bahhumbug... very dissapointing.
 
For me, it's Inside Pool. I did not renew my BD subscription this year after many years as a subscriber.. YMMV
 
I have tried Inside Pool for a couple of years, and then dropped it because of so many typos, lack of research, poor writing, etc.

Pool & Billiards magazine is one I still get, and it's better than Inside Pool.

The BEST, in my humble opinion is Billiards Digest. A first class publication.
 
Oy-Vey, Not Again...

I'm afraid that I can't answer, because I can't remember what my answer was the last 63 times this was asked on here.
Doug
( I'll get back to you later........... ok ? OK ? )


* I'm still worried about how OLD everyone is on AZB. :)
 
they're all pretty generic. pointers here. tournament coverage there.

if somebody buys a big ad, they write a good article about them.
 
Few years back I bought a subscription to this magazine.


1.jpg



To my suprise it wasnt about hustling pool at all, but I do renew my subscription every year though.:D
 
Last edited:
You Might Say, "I'm Frugal"

bnall said:
Few years back I bought a subscription to this magazine.


View attachment 55585



To my suprise it wast about hustling pool at all, but I do renew my subscription every year though.:D


I'm laughing at that title "Hookers Of Thailand". I may subscribe to that magazine also, when one of the titled sections reads "Hookers At Hooters, With 50 Wings for Free".
Bonus Section: Ice Cold Large Draft Beer @ Half Price.

Doug
( I'm a thrifty shopper..... imo ) :)
 
Smorgass Bored said:
I'm laughing at that title "Hookers Of Thailand". I may subscribe to that magazine also, when one of the titled sections reads "Hookers At Hooters, With 50 Wings for Free".
Bonus Section: Ice Cold Large Draft Beer @ Half Price.

Doug
( I'm a thrifty shopper..... imo ) :)


It aint bout playing safe.:D
 
My vote is for IP. Yeah they arn't as frequent as BD, but one little fact from the decmeber issues of both really pushed my to favor IP more.

The December issue of BD has Monica Webb on the cover (not the US Open Champ SVB although the open was covered in the magazine)

IP of course had the US Open Champ on the cover.

I do like both magazines though, just I favor IP because it seems like their reports and articales are better as well.
 
Read them - most people eat the pages I think

I choose BD just because I used to read it in the seventy's. When there was much else out there. Bob Fancher, PH.D. tells it like it is! He is the only author that has a clue about pool psy. and that you cannot compare it to any other sport mentally. Read Pleasures of small motions -Mastering the mental game of pocket billiards. its the real deal-its been out their, but like the last poster, some don't know the bks exist. I do read inside pool because our local pro likes it. Read the Billiards Encyclopedia -if it's pool knowledge you seek. mark
 
I have received IP for years but also like the looks of BD. You have to subscribe - can't get any either off the rack or at the book store here (thats 100 mile drive). But you can pick up a newspaper style monthly publication at the local room for free called The Break --- covers most of the western US, lots of tournament info - upcoming and results, places to play etc.
 
Back
Top