What's your favorite low cost promotion ideas?

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
hondanohito said:
For myself, I give free drinks to ladies on Wednesday nites. .

In Missouri they are not enforcing it (gender based pricing discrimination) really, but wanted to be on safe side. I heard another guy talking on here that he did a "skirt" night. Anyone man or woman that wears a skirt gets half price drinks. Thought that was a good idea. :)

hondanohito

Registered
nfty9er said:
That is not legal in California and not allowed under our alochol license and is cause for suspension if caught. Discounted not a problem.

Actually the drinks I referred to are soft drinks, the closest I can get to a beer at my place is root beer. ;)

hondanohito

Registered
cueandcushion said:
In Missouri they are not enforcing it (gender based pricing discrimination) really, but wanted to be on safe side. I heard another guy talking on here that he did a "skirt" night. Anyone man or woman that wears a skirt gets half price drinks. Thought that was a good idea. :)

Yup, I saw that post and thought it's a great idea too. As for discrimination, there were already some guys voicing 'unfair' at my hall when the promotion was on going. Then again, they get to please their eyes... :D

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
hondanohito said:
Yup, I saw that post and thought it's a great idea too. As for discrimination, there were already some guys voicing 'unfair' at my hall when the promotion was on going. Then again, they get to please their eyes... :D

I think you should look that up in the handbook. Players are supposed to complain about something, everytime they come in. If not, they lose their pool player membership card!:rolleyes:

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
cueandcushion said:
I am going to give away a free session of pool to local players that add their name to my "friends" list on myspace. This will gradually add to my mailing list of emails allowing me to directly contact customers free of charge with specials anytime that pool gets slow. Just have a "myspace" discount night for half off pool for all "friends". I will let everyone know in a few months how it evolves. I am not the genius with computers so I am giving myself some time to see how it plays out.

Dated 3/1/07 Update
After less than a month promoting on Myspace and listing our Myspace page on a bulletin board we have had a noticeable increase in online chatter and kids coming into the pool room. I would highly suggest if you have a younger crowd that comes into your place to give myspace a try. Many older people have never even heard of it but with the college crowd and younger it seems to be one of the biggest forms of communication. I am going to accelerate my use of this type of promotion.

March 2008 update.
Just wanted to say how much the MySpace promotion has worked well. It has added about 25 regulars that come every single week to play pool. They notice the bulletins I post for specials and ask for the free sodas or whatever it was that I advertised. I will keep it. Also wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone else has any additional ideas.

New idea for us. We are thinking about giving away free soft cases with every cue purchase no matter how cheap. We are hoping the loss we take initially on the case will be offset by advertising. We plan to embroider or silkscreen our name on the cue cases we give out. So maybe referrals will come in later. Have to try new things. Anyone else doing something new?

andriuxa

Registered
Some of realy good ideas!

Lots of them need a room owner to be present behind the bar!

Otherwise staff will abused the sistem.

All of them seems to be for rooms in suburbs.

What about downtowns in big cites?

Which Pool Club soft is the best? (discounts, membership, "tap", bonus)