Silver Member
Taiwan?

china.jpg

indonesia.jpg

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Indonesia, Brazil, WHO KNOWS ?? Hopefully manufacturing in the USA will come back. I love that Diamond is a USA made product. Lets not forget that Brunswick is still a USA Corp and it feeds many POOL FAMILES... The real issue is the last part of my last sentence. POOL FAMILIES need to be making the money in distro and install. Same thing with pool in general. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR WWW.BUYUSAPOOL.COM

TFT

Dartman

Silver Member
Indonesia, Brazil, WHO KNOWS ?? Hopefully manufacturing in the USA will come back. I love that Diamond is a USA made product. Lets not forget that Brunswick is still a USA Corp and it feeds many POOL FAMILES... The real issue is the last part of my last sentence. POOL FAMILIES need to be making the money in distro and install. Same thing with pool in general. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR WWW.BUYUSAPOOL.COM

TFT
Don't know if Bwick slate is still from Brazil.
Maybe the rail bolts are from Taiwan or India and nameplates from Mexico.
Regardless, "Authentic American" is only the company as far as I know.
:unsure:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Brunswick Corp. no longer has anything to do with B'wick Billiards. They are part of Life Fitness and are currently owned by KPS Capital Partners, a giant investment firm. They acquire co's and re-structure/re-finance/re-manage then sell them. SERIOUSLY doubt B'wick ever makes table in the US again.
WE ALL KNOW THIS.

WHY DO YOU KEEP REPEATING IT??

Brunswick Billiards is still an AMERICAN COMPANY that feeds AMERICAN FAMILIES. Its HQ is in Bristol WISCONSIN = POOL FAMILY JOBS... DEALERs and installers also make money from Brunswick. DIAMOND happens to keep MOST of that money in pool family pockets.... they both make great products and yup I can sell ya either and install them both PROPERLY. Brunswick invented commercial pool. YOUR CARS ARE ALL OUTSOURCED, so who cares where the parts are made? RASSON DOES NOT SELL BRUNSWICK THEIR SLATE< Brunswick slate comes from brazil as does most of diamonds. where we at??? who cares where the parts come from is WHERE WE ALL ARE AT>..... RASSON= 100% foreign interest and one of the best players in the world just signed with them....

TFT

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WE ALL KNOW THIS.

WHY DO YOU KEEP REPEATING IT??

Brunswick Billiards is still an AMERICAN COMPANY that feeds AMERICAN FAMILIES. Its HQ is in Bristol WISCONSIN = POOL FAMILY JOBS... DEALERs and installers also make money from Brunswick. DIAMOND happens to keep MOST of that money in pool family pockets.... they both make great products and yup I can sell ya either and install them both PROPERLY. Brunswick invented commercial pool. YOUR CARS ARE ALL OUTSOURCED, so who cares where the parts are made? RASSON DOES NOT SELL BRUNSWICK THEIR SLATE< Brunswick slate comes from brazil as does most of diamonds. where we at??? who cares where the parts come from is WHERE WE ALL ARE AT>..... RASSON= 100% foreign interest and one of the best players in the world just signed with them....

TFT

I own a made in USA OLHAUSEN. My current table is old, but I think they are still made here. When I needed pockets for my table Colby OLHAUSEN sent two different styles and asked me to return what I had not used.

My point is I think there are still good U.S options (for people that can't afford a Diamond).

I wish Brunswick the best, however if they chose to build over seas I am out. Why would anyone buy a foreign made table? Especially if there are U.S choices for similar money and better quality?

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Why would anyone buy a foreign made table? Especially if there are U.S choices for similar money and better quality?
Diamond is #1 and Brunswick is #2 in commercial pool, thats why, Brunswick makes a great product for commercial tables, the GC6 is amazing. The Diamond is also, an awesome table and rules the market right now.

The gc has been made elsewhere since 1998.... No one has said $hit until the past couple of yeasr.... it does not matter where its made. I call bull$hit because your car has a TON of foreign parts and is simply built in the USA. Your input is your opinion of course, but, it the GC is what brought us all to where we are, Diamond took the reins~~! End of story.

TFT

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond is #1 and Brunswick is #2 in commercial pool, thats why, Brunswick makes a great product for commercial tables, the GC6 is amazing. The Diamond is also, an awesome table and rules the market right now.

The gc has been made elsewhere since 1998.... No one has said $hit until the past couple of yeasr.... it does not matter where its made. I call bull$hit because your car has a TON of foreign parts and is simply built in the USA. Your input is your opinion of course, but, it the GC is what brought us all to where we are, Diamond took the reins~~! End of story.

TFT

So please be respectful!

Many products are made over seas including most car parts and phones. However if we as consumers choose to purchase American products when possible it makes a big difference.

My pool cues, pool table, tools, hunting equipment and car was made in the USA. My car containing foreign parts is not the point. The point is as a consumer to buy local as much as possible. Does it make sense to send a giant ship back and forth across the ocean when items can be purchased locally?

Does it make sense to source out American products so we no longer are capable of making those products? The answer is NO! Does it make sense to pay for a Rasson what you would pay for an OLHAUSEN? The answer is no.

You cannot call bu## Sh#t on me for expressing my opinion and how I have chosen to purchase products.

Respectfully disagree with you Sir.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
You cannot call bu## Sh#t on me for expressing my opinion and how I have chosen to purchase products.

Respectfully disagree with you Sir.
Yes I can, in the REAL WORLD it is called a double standard. Let me explain that to you: it means that on one hand you have no problems buying things(more than you want to admit) sourced from around the world and on the other([pool table made somewhere other than here) you do have a problem with. If you care to elaborate on how this is not a double standard, I would love to hear your explanation. My opinion stands un changed about your double standard on this topic. I RESPECTULLY do not agree with you.

BRUNSWICK BROUGHT POOL TO THE MASSES............ FACT.

DIAMOND TOOK OVER... FACT

TFT

Dartman

Silver Member
Wondering how long it will take Diamond to start outsourcing most of their table parts.

Recalling Walmart who I believe started the trend -
Wal-Mart's founder Sam Walton started the company as a "Buy American" retailer some 50 years
ago but it turned away from that strategy in the name of offering cheaper prices.
In America, estimates say that Chinese suppliers make up 70-80 percent of Walmart's merchandise,
leaving less than 20 percent for American-made products.

IMO as long as the final product works and looks as it should then not much to complain about.
If given a choice I still buy made in USA when I can.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Yes I can, in the REAL WORLD it is called a double standard. Let me explain that to you: it means that on one hand you have no problems buying things(more than you want to admit) sourced from around the world and on the other([pool table made somewhere other than here) you do have a problem with. If you care to elaborate on how this is not a double standard, I would love to hear your explanation. My opinion stands un changed about your double standard on this topic. I RESPECTULLY do not agree with you.

TFT

The families of the pool world love saving money on pool stuff. Pool stuff is often cheaper if made elsewhere than if made here.

Value is subjective. Economics shows that world economies produce more for less. Some want American, some want a cheaper price. So what?

World politics shows us that trading countries don't go to war with each other very often, so these foreign manufacturing plants are good for us, not bad for us....and them, too, in that big sense.

I bought an Olhausen, for example.

Jeff Livingston

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
The families of the pool world love saving money on pool stuff. Pool stuff is often cheaper if made elsewhere than if made here.

Value is subjective. Economics shows that world economies produce more for less. Some want American, some want a cheaper price. So what?

World politics shows us that trading countries don't go to war with each other very often, so these foreign manufacturing plants are good for us, not bad for us....and them, too, in that big sense.

I bought an Olhausen, for example.

Jeff Livingston
Jeff. I know you as a good azb'r and enjoy reading your posts. we have always remained cool. I respect your opinion. :)

Pool families: USA POOL BUSINESSES. POOL HALL OWNERS ARE SUFFERING THE WORST. They are they true pool families. Let me ask this: How cool would pool be if there were NO POOL HALLS?? Not very cool, IMO< even having the best pool table in the world(what ever that is to you), it would mean significantly LESS with out pool halls. :) www.buyusapool.org

TFT

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Jeff. I know you as a good azb'r and enjoy reading your posts. we have always remained cool. I respect your opinion. :)

Pool families: USA POOL BUSINESSES. POOL HALL OWNERS ARE SUFFERING THE WORST. They are they true pool families. Let me ask this: How cool would pool be if there were NO POOL HALLS?? Not very cool, IMO< even having the best pool table in the world(what ever that is to you), it would mean significantly LESS with out pool halls. :) www.buyusapool.org

TFT

Back at ya. It's been a while.

It would horrible to lose pool halls. Yet, pool halls like low prices on their stuff, too, btw, as that helps them be more competitive.

I've been going to our pool hall, Big Dogs, for a year now when Iowa opened back up. It was a health risk, for sure, but one of the reasons I went was to support the sport. I get it, pool is on the edge and could fall off anytime. It would suck, big time.

Competition is good for consumers, but of course sometimes not good for any particular business that is struggling to compete. That's why some buy govt protection in the form of zoning laws, licensing laws, blue laws, tarrifs, fees, taxes, etc. To the extent that American competitors bought protection, yea, I'm against that. I say, let them compete, too, as American companies are forced to compete with all the hoops they have to jump through, especially nowadays.

Jeff Livingston

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Back at ya. It's been a while.

It would horrible to lose pool halls. Yet, pool halls like low prices on their stuff, too, btw, as that helps them be more competitive.

I've been going to our pool hall, Big Dogs, for a year now when Iowa opened back up. It was a health risk, for sure, but one of the reasons I went was to support the sport. I get it, pool is on the edge and could fall off anytime. It would suck, big time.

Competition is good for consumers, but of course sometimes not good for any particular business that is struggling to compete. That's why some buy govt protection in the form of zoning laws, licensing laws, blue laws, tarrifs, fees, taxes, etc. To the extent that American competitors bought protection, yea, I'm against that. I say, let them compete, too, as American companies are forced to compete with all the hoops they have to jump through, especially nowadays.

Jeff Livingston
Business is tough, the tough survive. thats how i look at it. I offer quality in everything I sell and I try my best in all my work. I love this business. I dont like worrying about the future of pool. I am out on the streets everyday workin deals, moving gear and installing the best 2 brands money can buy. I know what this business is about: HARD WORK. I am doing my part and it shows because I started out on here getting picked on for using craigslist to sell tables and now I deal with the biggest names in pool. I thank all of you on here, the people who show love and support and especially to my FAN CLUB: WAIT TILL YA'LL SEE WHAT I DO NEXT!! :)

TFT

P.S. TELL YOUR MOMMAS YOU LOVE THEM!

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

TFT

There is no double standard. I buy as many U.S made products as I can.

I agree that Brunswick brought pool to the masses and Diamond took over. However Brunswick choose to make products over seas when others took the tough route and stay here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210509-112057.png
    Screenshot_20210509-112057.png
    327.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20210509-112047.png
    Screenshot_20210509-112047.png
    325.9 KB · Views: 78

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

I agree that Brunswick brought pool to the masses and Diamond took over. However Brunswick choose to make products over seas when others took the tough route and stay here.
Do you own a business??

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Its not a double-standard when you have no choice. Cars, electronics, clothes, etc. are either made overseas or have large #'s of outsourced parts. When possible i buy US-built items but at times there is no alternative. Even Diamond outsources slate and cushions because there is no US alternative.

Last edited:

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you own a business??

I have owned a businesses in the past (for 15 years). I currently over see contract construction. I understand cost estimates, equipment, material and labor cost.

I also have many over seas made items (mostly all quality and chosen per lack of domestic product or availability). I have no problem with over seas products to supplement domestic items.

My point is we should reward our U.S companies that stayed here whenever possible. That is it!

Brunswick will never get my business when other domestic tables are available for similar money.

Have a great day!

Last edited:

Geosnookery

It’s just the nature of the beast in an integrated global market. I’m using my IPad, made in a foreign country, China, using a chip and software from a foreign country, the USA. Our vehicles are made in Japananes and South Korean.

I did have a fried egg earlier today, from Canada ...that’s about all I’ve had that isn’t imported.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s just the nature of the beast in an integrated global market. I’m using my IPad, made in a foreign country, China, using a chip and software from a foreign country, the USA. Our vehicles are made in Japananes and South Korean.

I did have a fried egg earlier today, from Canada ...that’s about all I’ve had that isn’t imported.
Other than beer, maple syrup and hockey sticks what else does Canada make?? ;)