Where the rubber meets the road...

cheesemouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...Are we forum members just stroking ourselves? When you go to your pool fix place (poolhall, league pool night...etc....) do you have the feeling that anyone would know what the hell you were talking about if you asked this question....."What do you think about the IPT controversy over the non-payment of the Reno prize money?"......I know the responce I would get at my pool player gathering spot......"What the hell are you talking about?"......now that is a fact.
This whole IPT thing could disappear today, tomorrow, or never have happened in the first place and it would not have made a difference to 98.6% of all the pool players in the world.....now that is a fact!!!
I personally would be disappointed because I enjoy watching the best at their best, but to joe blow poolplayer it won't make a tinkers damn to their pool playing life....."Hey, Joe Blow, I'll bet you 50 bucks you can't answer these three questions?"......who is E. Reyes?...Who won the US OPEN 9Ball this year?........Who is Earl the Pearl?.......now that is a lock bet....:)

LOL...SI......and still I hope for the best in regards to the IPT.....I perfer it that way....:)

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I live in the middle of the cold cold Canadian prairies, we have no pro pool players around here. Having said that, one prominent pro (not IPT) came through the other day, and I asked him what he thought of the IPT. His first comment was "I heard they didn't get paid".

Just a data point for you.

Dave

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
The only ones

that are interested in Pro Pool, per se, are 'players', gamblers, pool room owners, and people interested in the money aspect of Pool. You might find 2 league bangers out of a 100 that have even heard of the IPT. It is close to the difference of people that play league for entertainment as opposed to people that love and follow the sport, and everything about it.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Snapshot9 said:
that are interested in Pro Pool, per se, are 'players', gamblers, pool room owners, and people interested in the money aspect of Pool. You might find 2 league bangers out of a 100 that have even heard of the IPT. It is close to the difference of people that play league for entertainment as opposed to people that love and follow the sport, and everything about it.

What about the millions, maybe billions, of mainstream international folk that watched the IPT on OLN, became instant IPT 8-ball fans, rushed out to buy IPT cues, IPT tables, and the Siegal/Jones cd? Aren't you forgetting them? :D
jimmy

straybullet

Legend
Silver Member
jimmyg said:
What about the millions, maybe billions, of mainstream international folk that watched the IPT on OLN, became instant IPT 8-ball fans, rushed out to buy IPT cues, IPT tables, and the Siegal/Jones cd? Aren't you forgetting them? :D
jimmy

All of those millions and billions of people were crushed into dust particles by the electromagnetic chaos eliminator... :p :p :p