Where to buy denatured alcohol in Toronto / GTA?

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recently I've been reading about various methods on how to clean the cue shaft and one of the most common methods is using the Mr. Clean magic eraser damped with denatured alcohol. I never realized how difficult this item was to find in Toronto, people who reside in the states buy them at their local Wal-Mart/Home Depot but we don't seem to have those. I've checked Home Depot, Lowe's, Rona, Wal-Mart and Canadian Tire. None of these places have denatured alcohol. I can't even find anything online aside from Amazon but they're charging $50 for it. I will resort to rubbing alcohol if there is absolutely no retailer that carries this item but I would like to have denatured alcohol as it carries no water. The best I've found was rubbing alcohol compound by Life with 95% ethanol alcohol from Shoppers Drug mart. Anyone know where to buy denatured alcohol? And why it's so hard to get?

Last edited:

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
Best is not to let your shaft get dirty to the point where you need a cleaner. Keep wiping it down as you're playing. Most cleaners will rob the oils out of your shaft and open grain up. If you are using alcohol or naphtha you'll want to seal your shaft afterwards.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go to a pharmacy and it will be called isopropyl alcohol. They have one that is 99% alcohol and 1% water, and another type that is 70% alcohol and 30% water. You should be able to find it locally. Go to drug stores/pharmacies/super markets, not home improvement stores.

c-money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isopropyl and de natured alcohol are different, de natured alcohol is the drinkable type with some added things like isopropyl to make it POISONOUS. It comes down to isopropyl having an extra carbon molecule.

nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isopropyl and de natured alcohol are different, de natured alcohol is the drinkable type with some added things like isopropyl to make it POISONOUS. It comes down to isopropyl having an extra carbon molecule.

de natured alcohol is alcohol that is as low a water content as possible methol hydrate
is a denature alcoh:smile:eek:l