Where to Buy the Best Cushions for 10' Table

jmhanson_21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking to replace the cushions on a 10' Anniversary (set up as a pool table), which previously had k66 profile. I measured cushion nose to cushion nose prior to removing the cushions to make sure it was the correct profile, and the table bed measured exactly 112" x 56".

I've since been looking to buy Artemis International No. 66 (K66 Profile) cushions, but they only sell them in lengths of 48" (9' table). In fact, I could only find 3 types of K66 cushions that will fit my table:

1. No Brand Name from Muellers [$79.95] - https://www.muellers.com/118-K66-Rubber---Setand3,3723.html?b=d*313
2. Classic Billiards Cushions [$125.00] - https://www.classicbilliards.net/cushions-supplies/affordable-rail-cushions/k-66-cushion.html
3. Olhausen Accufast Cushions [$395.00] - https://www.classicbilliards.net/cushions-supplies/olhausen-accufast-rail-rubber.html

I did see that both Classicbilliards.net and pooltablefeltcloth.com have Artemis International No. 66 available in a set of 3 at 120", but only in K55 profile. That obviously wouldn't work for my table without appropriate modifications done to the sub-rails. That cushion profile is approximately 1/8" wider than the K66 profile, so the sub-rail would need to be reworked so that the cushion sits approximately 1/8" further back from the table bed. Clearly that's a much more technical project than replacing rubber. It's also worth noting that both websites are currently out of stock of that option, so even if I wanted to go that route, it might not be available for some time.

There are different profiles available - Artemis No. 37 that would be available for my table size, but that appears to be a profile designed for caroms. I don't know that a regular sized pool ball would react properly playing off those cushions, even if I was able to set the cushion nose at the proper height. That profile would also require the sub-rails to be reworked, so that's not really an option anyway.

I'd like the table to play fast and true. I'm willing to spend the money for the top cushions, but it doesn't seem like I can find them anywhere. If anyone knows of another website or dealer, let me know. I've exhausted google at this point. Or, has anyone tried the Olhausen Accufast cushions? I really don't want to spend top dollar for an experiment, either. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Joe.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking to replace the cushions on a 10' Anniversary (set up as a pool table), which previously had k66 profile. I measured cushion nose to cushion nose prior to removing the cushions to make sure it was the correct profile, and the table bed measured exactly 100" x 50".

I've since been looking to buy Artemis International No. 66 (K66 Profile) cushions, but they only sell them in lengths of 48" (9' table). In fact, I could only find 3 types of K66 cushions that will fit my table:

1. No Brand Name from Muellers [$79.95] - https://www.muellers.com/118-K66-Rubber---Setand3,3723.html?b=d*313
2. Classic Billiards Cushions [$125.00] - https://www.classicbilliards.net/cushions-supplies/affordable-rail-cushions/k-66-cushion.html
3. Olhausen Accufast Cushions [$395.00] - https://www.classicbilliards.net/cushions-supplies/olhausen-accufast-rail-rubber.html

I did see that both Classicbilliards.net and pooltablefeltcloth.com have Artemis International No. 66 available in a set of 3 at 120", but only in K55 profile. That obviously wouldn't work for my table without appropriate modifications done to the sub-rails. That cushion profile is approximately 1/8" wider than the K66 profile, so the sub-rail would need to be reworked so that the cushion sits approximately 1/8" further back from the table bed. Clearly that's a much more technical project than replacing rubber. It's also worth noting that both websites are currently out of stock of that option, so even if I wanted to go that route, it might not be available for some time.

There are different profiles available - Artemis No. 37 that would be available for my table size, but that appears to be a profile designed for caroms. I don't know that a regular sized pool ball would react properly playing off those cushions, even if I was able to set the cushion nose at the proper height. That profile would also require the sub-rails to be reworked, so that's not really an option anyway.

I'd like the table to play fast and true. I'm willing to spend the money for the top cushions, but it doesn't seem like I can find them anywhere. If anyone knows of another website or dealer, let me know. I've exhausted google at this point. Or, has anyone tried the Olhausen Accufast cushions? I really don't want to spend top dollar for an experiment, either. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Joe.
If nose-to-nose is 50x100 isn't that a 4.5x9?? A 10' pool table is 56x112ntn.

Last edited:

Dartman

Silver Member
I doubt you need K66 cushions unless someone changed the cushions on your table to other than Monarch/Superspeed/K55.
If you look at Artemis their K55 cushion is called Intercontinental 66. The Artemis K66 cushion is called Pool 66.
The numbers can be a bit confusing.

You would get a carom set of 3 (118") and cut them in half to get 6 cushions at approx 59" each.
Although Ken at Classic Billiards shows them as out of stock he would probably be the best source.
You should give him a call and compare the measurements against your existing cushions.

jmhanson_21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That 50" x 100" is exactly what my 9' GCI measures nose to nose.
If it were my table I would want Superspeeds on it, my second choice would be Artemis.

I doubt you need K66 cushions unless someone changed the cushions on your table to other than Monarch/Superspeed/K55.
If you look at Artemis their K55 cushion is called Intercontinental 66. The Artemis K66 cushion is called Pool 66.
The numbers can be a bit confusing.

You would get a carom set of 3 (118") and cut them in half to get 6 cushions at approx 59" each.
Although Ken at Classic Billiards shows them as out of stock he would probably be the best source.
You should give him a call and compare the measurements against your existing cushions.
The cushions did actually say k66 on them, which I had not seen before. They were not Artemis brand, so there shouldn't have been any confusion there. I noticed online that Brunswick says most older models have k55, so that's why I put the rails on the table and measured cushion nose to cushion nose, thinking maybe someone had put the wrong profile on in the past. However, they measured exactly 112 x 56, so I know they are right. I then measured the top side of the cushion to see how far they extend to make sure the cushion was not mislabeled, and it measured 1 1/8", which is the standard K66 profile, from what I can tell.
I did e-mail Brunswick to see if I could special order some SuperSpeed cushions in the K66 profile at that length, so maybe I'll wait for a response before calling Classic Billiards. I may also just have new rails built. That way I can get it done for K55 profile and not have this issue anymore. Thanks for your response.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
The cushions did actually say k66 on them, which I had not seen before. They were not Artemis brand, so there shouldn't have been any confusion there. I noticed online that Brunswick says most older models have k55, so that's why I put the rails on the table and measured cushion nose to cushion nose, thinking maybe someone had put the wrong profile on in the past. However, they measured exactly 112 x 56, so I know they are right. I then measured the top side of the cushion to see how far they extend to make sure the cushion was not mislabeled, and it measured 1 1/8", which is the standard K66 profile, from what I can tell.
I did e-mail Brunswick to see if I could special order some SuperSpeed cushions in the K66 profile at that length, so maybe I'll wait for a response before calling Classic Billiards. I may also just have new rails built. That way I can get it done for K55 profile and not have this issue anymore. Thanks for your response.
You don't need to wait for a response from Brunswick.... Superspeeds are ONLY available in K55 profile. Any Brunswick table will use K55 profile cushions, unless the rails were botched by someone along the way.

Easy way to tell is to measure the distance from the slate to the top of the sub-rail.. It should be somewhere in the proximity of 1 11/16. If it's 1 5/8, I've got bad news for you...

Assuming that your rails are in unmolested condition, I would recommend the following:

They play just fine, and the price is right.

Don't get caught up in the playfield dimensions... In order to maintain a proper 2:1 ratio, the rails would require modification. Since you don't want to do that, stick with K55, and roll with the 1/4" reduction in size. Otherwise, it will be too difficult to mount a K66 cushion at the correct nose height... Unless, of course, someone already botched your rails..

Last edited: