where to get jb cases in usa

magicrat69210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im trying to skimp out on shipping fees......does anyone know where i can get a jb rugged basic in the USA?? called a few places and used google no dice yet....I pmed mr barton himself and he hasnt got back to me yet.....im sure he will soon but i want to order asap

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Im trying to skimp out on shipping fees......does anyone know where i can get a jb rugged basic in the USA?? called a few places and used google no dice yet....I pmed mr barton himself and he hasnt got back to me yet.....im sure he will soon but i want to order asap

SBE - King of Prussia, in three weeks.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cheapcues.com doesn't show stock on their website but usually has some.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
SBE - King of Prussia, in three weeks.

That is a good option if you are planning on attending as you can see what you are buying and getting, plus meeting and talking to John is a bonus.

It will also cost more to attend than any shipping cost they you will be saving.

🎱

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Have you tried calling John? if color or personalization isn't a concern maybe he has something lying around
and just to be thorough you might check ebay and Amazon

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Message him on Facebook, you'll get a much faster response than here, nowadays.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I sent you a PM.

magicrat69210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the helpful replies guys......i had no idea he was operating in the USA again......thought he was overseas......just talked to john and making an order today.

justtapitin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A JB case is shipped from China where it is made to the dealer in the USA. Therefore you are paying for shipping between China and the USA and the cost is buried in the price of the case.

You might consider a case actually made in the USA by craftsmen whose quality is unmatched by Chinese labor. Then you are also only paying for shipping from within the USA for the case. Again, the cost of shipping is contained in the selling price of the item. There is no such thing as free shipping.

For fun, just google "chinese military buildup" and see what the trade deficit with China is buying for the Chinese. This deficit increases with every purchase of goods made in China.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Leave crap like this in the NPR section.

John has done good for pool, and your post is garbage.

A JB case is shipped from China where it is made to the dealer in the USA. Therefore you are paying for shipping between China and the USA and the cost is buried in the price of the case.

You might consider a case actually made in the USA by craftsmen whose quality is unmatched by Chinese labor. Then you are also only paying for shipping from within the USA for the case. Again, the cost of shipping is contained in the selling price of the item. There is no such thing as free shipping.

For fun, just google "chinese military buildup" and see what the trade deficit with China is buying for the Chinese. This deficit increases with every purchase of goods made in China.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Leave crap like this in the NPR section.

John has done good for pool, and your post is garbage.

I was not a fan of JB cases. The reviews were so good I bought 2 and I'm looking for a 3rd. It's not about where something comes from. It's about 1st class quality.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I was not a fan of JB cases. The reviews were so good I bought 2 and I'm looking for a 3rd. It's not about where something comes from. It's about 1st class quality.

Yep. I have two and am also waiting on the 3rd to catch my eye. The quality is good. Obviously he hasn't ever held one or looked at one in person. He hasn't checked prices or shipping costs either. I bought my first one from John before he came to the US and paid for shipping here. The second I bought used here in the US.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep. I have two and am also waiting on the 3rd to catch my eye. The quality is good. Obviously he hasn't ever held one or looked at one in person. He hasn't checked prices or shipping costs either. I bought my first one from John before he came to the US and paid for shipping here. The second I bought used here in the US.

What do you have. What are you thinking about for the 3rd. I have a 2/5black rugged and a 2/4 Jay Flowers. One is nicer than the other.

Last edited:

magicrat69210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea i ordered a 2/3 rugged basic with a side and top handle and the big pockets option......just gonna carry my player,breaker, and jumper.......just wanted something lightweight with more protection than a soft case.....i like throwing my cues in the back seat and going.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What do you have. What are you thinking about for the 3rd. I have a 2/5black rugged and a 2/4 Jay Flowers. One is nicer than the other.

I know you were not asking me, but I like showing off John's work. I love his cases and have had many over the years. I have a 4x8 Ultimate Rugged; a 4x8 butterfly that John's wife, Karen, made a matching purse for my wife; and a 3x6 beautiful leather case.

No picture of the rugged (really elegant and rich looking light brown or tan), but here are pictures of the others just to give you ideas:

Nice Elephant Hide Print 3x6 - Front:

Elegant side seam:

Clean back:

My wife and I with our matching bags:

Thanks and good luck with your next purchases!

Dave