Where to play in Tahoe?

I won't be getting to Reno. It is a family reunion and I don't think anyone would appreciate it if my brother and said hey, nice to see everyone and then took off for Reno. I'm sure that we will be able to get out to the bars a couple of nights though and I figured I might as well try to find the better places to play. I think I will be trying to find Classic Billards as suggested in the thread. Now, to bring a cue or not, that is the question. I need a sneaky I don't care about for this exact purpose.
 
Poolfiend said:
Now, to bring a cue or not, that is the question. I need a sneaky I don't care about for this exact purpose.

Unless you can fit in your suitcase, just remember you will have to check it and pay for the privilege! :mad:
 
Just adding an update to this thread for the sake of the archive and future searches.

I went back to South Lake Tahoe a couple weeks back with wife and kids. While in the hotel, saw a TV ad for the Sports Bar at Bills and the ad featured the pool tables. Don't expect to find any serious pool here.

After bailing on the new Marriott after bad stay, we spent a second night at the Super-8 hotel just south of Ski Run Blvd. There is a restaurant / bar attached to the lobby of the hotel. It has (2) 8' coin tables in decent condition, but cost $1.50 / game, and they open at 4:00pm.

I did stop by Classic Cues, but with family in car on way out of town, just long enough to poke my head inside the door at 1:00 in the afternoon. There looks to be some basic burger grill food available, and about 8 -10 tables packed in pretty close together. On a crowded night, you'd be taking turns waiting with the people on adjacent tables just to get around to take your shot. Tables were mixed with a few bars boxes and I think a mix of 8' & 9' tables. A very quick glance around seems the felts were in decent but used conditions. None appeared to have been walked on by guys wearing golf shoes.

To find Classic Cues; If you're heading South from the Casinos toward the Y: At the Y, rather than Right to go toward Camp Richardson & Emerald Bay, or Left to head out of the basin toward Highway 50 and Sacramento, go Straight. I know, it sounds odd, a 4-way intersection at a place called "the Y".) Almost as soon as you're through the intersection, across from the KMART entrance on your left, you'll see Classic Cues on your right. Look for Big Red Letters on a Brown sign.
 
I noticed your moniker is Poolfiend, but there is SO MUCH MORE to do in Tahoe that I wouldn't even consider pool. After an early morning round of golf (while the wife hits a spa), an afternoon full of jetskiing the lake, late afternoon hike, and lunch and dinner mixed in somewhere.....I'm beat, and hitting the hottub with the Mrs. I spent a week there one time and the only time I'da considered playing some pool is when we drove over to Sac-town (coulda played while she shopped). But we also spent 2 days at Yosemite, a day in Napa, evening/night in San Fran - next morning in San Fran with sites, then drove back to Tahoe for a day, and flew back outta Reno - WHEW...time for pool??? Maybe. I guess I get it though, I did find time for a couple of rounds of golf :D
 
Back
Top