Which cuemaker ?

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
That depends on what defines "more for the money"....

More playability...

More bling....

More resale value....

More headaches....

JV

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently bought a plane jane from Jerry Olivier in Texas.
Very good cue......and not just for the money. Just a really good cue period.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I recently bought a plane jane from Jerry Olivier in Texas.
Very good cue......and not just for the money. Just a really good cue period.

I'm not too sure who doesn't make a very good cue ?? I mean, other than the few "crooks" that don't deliver on time, or take the money and run... other than that, it's pretty safe to say, that MOST cue makers make a pretty good product considering everyone seems to like the cue they currently own :wink:

dom_poppa

Banned
I would have to say Mr. Ron Haley or Mr. Dennis Searing.

You can almost double your money if you sell a cue that you buy direct.

As far as most cue for the dollar - it is very hard to beat Jeff Olney. His cues play as good as any on this planet.

just as what i would expect you to say

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
Tough question to answer, but I'm inclined to say Rauenzahn, Barnhart, and Sly. In the past (10-plus years ago) when I bought my first customs, I'd have said Capone, but I had very little experience to draw from.
I'd almost suggest asking which makers are in which tiers and then which cuemaker offers the most in each tier.

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Ok .I'll weigh in with my opinion.
I think that dollar for dollar nobody give s a better balance of quality construction, playability, and cost then Jeff Olney or Rick Howard. The work produced by these two guys is stellar. They are usually available for cheap on the secondary market and are very fairly priced when buying direct.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
When it comes to fancy or inlaid cues. Andy Gilbert gives you the most cue for the money. Give him a price you want to spend and turn him loose. You'll be nothing but pleased.

Randy9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok .I'll weigh in with my opinion.
I think that dollar for dollar nobody give s a better balance of quality construction, playability, and cost then Jeff Olney or Rick Howard. The work produced by these two guys is stellar. They are usually available for cheap on the secondary market and are very fairly priced when buying direct.

I'm inclined to agree with this going solely off what I've seen here over the years. How would you describe the hit/playability of the cues made by these two cuemakers? Assuming of course you have played with both. I have wanted to try both but have yet to get my hands on either one. Rick is here in FL where I live and Jeff is in IA. I may have to just take a drive over to Rick's some day AND take a road trip to Jeff in IA the next time I get back to WI where I'm originally from. Just not easy to do these days LOL.

Thanks,

Randy

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm inclined to agree with this going solely off what I've seen here over the years. How would you describe the hit/playability of the cues made by these two cuemakers? Assuming of course you have played with both. I have wanted to try both but have yet to get my hands on either one. Rick is here in FL where I live and Jeff is in IA. I may have to just take a drive over to Rick's some day AND take a road trip to Jeff in IA the next time I get back to WI where I'm originally from. Just not easy to do these days LOL.

Thanks,

Randy

If you ever get to the Madison area of Wisco and want to try an Olney let me know, I have a couple here. Love the hit and playability of them but am not good at describing and comparing to others as I haven't had the pleasure of hitting lots of cues yet.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd venture to say it's absolutely Jerry Rauenzahn and most likely, Eddie Cohen & Robert Harris as well.

Matt B.

stiqs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's my .02

Tony Guerra. I don't own one...yet...but I have hit and played with a couple. Design, Playability and Price in one package IMO.