Which dvds is good to watch?

Jpool1985

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is a good dvd to watch and learn from? Joe Tucker or Cj Wiley???? I wanna work on my aim more. Please PM me for help and answer. Thanks.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think an honest evaluation of how good you are, or how good your stroke is, should come first. I have a whole set of CJ's, TOI and other methods. I just don't get it. But I'm old and learning new tricks...

I do find that the better my stroke becomes, the better my aim. Who 'da thunk it?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Tucker's stuff is more or less real. Wiley's is mostly fantasy.

Depends which you like.

pj
chgo

CJ Wiley's method for aiming in his DVD is basically a reversed fractional method. It is CERTAINLY NOT.............."FANTASY".

Just because you can not understand something or do not agree with it does not give you the 'right' to classify something as 'fantasy'.

You're misleading people with that kind of rhetoric.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
CJ Wiley's method for aiming in his DVD is basically a reversed fractional method. It is CERTAINLY NOT.............."FANTASY".
The fact that it's fantasy has been explained many times in detail by everybody who can tell the difference. Admittedly that isn't a huge percentage of AzB's population...

pj
chgo

EDIT: My comment above is about CJ's "TOI" stuff, which includes some aiming fantasy stuff about "increasing margins of error" by using squirt to finalize your aim. It's not about his version of fractional aiming, which is pretty common stuff taught by many. The problem is CJ can't tell the difference himself, so if you want to be sure you're getting something real, go with somebody else (like Tucker).

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
The fact that it's fantasy has been explained many times in detail by everybody who can tell the difference. Admittedly that isn't a huge percentage of AzB's population...

pj
chgo

EDIT: My comment above is about CJ's "TOI" stuff, which includes some aiming fantasy stuff about "increasing margins of error" by using squirt to finalize your aim. It's not about his version of fractional aiming, which is pretty common stuff taught by many. The problem is CJ can't tell the difference himself, so if you want to be sure you're getting something real, go with somebody else (like Tucker).

The OP's question was regarding aiming & not TOI. You are incorrect regarding the aiming aspect of TOI. One does not use squirt to finalize the aim with TOI. It's rather obvious that you do NOT understand what is going on in the full application of the method.

For TOI, the aiming, is the alignment of CTC or CTE as utilized by CJ with regular maple shafts. Some like myself that use LD shafts have made modifications. I added the point 1/2 between center & edge as a third alignment. It seems that perhaps you & a few others may be stuck on what might be called 'chapter one' when CJ was first trying to explain how it would work through the utilization of the CB squirt & missed the subsequent chapters to the conclusion.

I don't think many teach CJ's 'normal' aiming method. In fact I have never seen anyone teach it the way CJ does which is to NOT align the center of the CB to the fractions of the OB... but instead to align the fractions of the CB to either the center or edge of the CB.

It seems that you know very very little about what CJ actually teaches regarding his normal aiming method or TOI, yet you want to call it 'fantasy'.

I think each individual when exposed to either CJ's aiming method or TOI can make their own determinations instead of relying on your seemingly uninformed OPINIONS & can also make their own determinations as to WHY you might want to call them 'fantasy'.

PS CJ has been rather successful in both gambling & tournament play & was at one time named Player of the Year & that is NOT 'fantasy'.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OP's question was regarding aiming & not TOI. You are incorrect regarding the aiming aspect of TOI. One does not use squirt to finalize the aim with TOI. It's rather obvious that you do NOT understand what is going on in the full application of the method.

For TOI, the aiming, is the alignment of CTC or CTE as utilized by CJ with regular maple shafts. Some like myself that use LD shafts have made modifications. I added the point 1/2 between center & edge as a third alignment. It seems that perhaps you & a few others may be stuck on what might be called 'chapter one' when CJ was first trying to explain how it would work through the utilization of the CB squirt & missed the subsequent chapters to the conclusion.

I don't think many teach CJ's 'normal' aiming method. In fact I have never seen anyone teach it the way CJ does which is to NOT align the center of the CB to the fractions of the OB... but instead to align the fractions of the CB to either the center or edge of the CB.

It seems that you know very very little about what CJ actually teaches regarding his normal aiming method or TOI, yet you want to call it 'fantasy'.

I think each individual when exposed to either CJ's aiming method or TOI can make their own determinations instead of relying on your seemingly uninformed OPINIONS & can also make their own determinations as to WHY you might want to call them 'fantasy'.

PS CJ has been rather successful in both gambling & tournament play & was at one time named Player of the Year & that is NOT 'fantasy'.

You realize that's no different than saying Michael Jordan won 6 NBA Championships because he wore Nikes.

It's all about the marketing, baby.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
One does not use squirt to finalize the aim with TOI.
Squirting the CB in order to "create the angle" (CJ's words) to pocket an OB is using squirt to aim. The fact that you don't get that (or much of anything else) is irrelevant, but not surprising - after all, you fell for CJ's crock of nonsense in the first place.

pj
chgo

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
You realize that's no different than saying Michael Jordan won 6 NBA Championships because he wore Nikes.

I won't use the word you recently used but that is simply a ridiculous set of statements.

One is a piece of equipment & one is a method or technique used in performance.

While equipment, especially shoes, are VERY important to an athlete, it can not be compared to a performance method or technique.

As I explained to PJ, my introduction to both TOI & CTE was through 'marketing'. BUT... when taken to the table & tested for results, TOI proved to 'hold water' & be of significant use while CTE was found lacking &, to me, of no real use. (The only thing I purchased from CJ was a cheap discounted PPV of his TIPS dvd which is basically banking & kicking using the TOI tip placement.)

Perhaps it's past time for you to stop referring to yourself as a smart ass & it's time for you & others to wise up.

'Marketing' is usually intended for the purpose of selling something. CJ basically put TOI all out here on AZB for FREE. It's all on here. Naturally if one wanted to purchase a DVD as an easy reference then CJ had it there for purchase. That said, he also GAVE AWAY many for FREE along with free PPVs. He also gave away FOR FREE many of his other DVDs to those that he thought they might help.

One does not need to like Shane personally to know that it would be a good thing to learn his breaking technique, but perhaps 'smart asses' can't get past things like emotions to 'realeyes' the truth of matters, just as they seem to NOT realize that a smart ass attitude will only get like treatment back as NOBODY really likes a smart ass.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Squirting the CB in order to "create the angle" (CJ's words) to pocket an OB is using squirt to aim. The fact that you don't get that (or much of anything else) is irrelevant, but not surprising - after all, you fell for CJ's crock of nonsense in the first place.

pj
chgo

No, you're wrong.

The 'aim' / alignment for TOI is consistently CTC or CTE.

It is not surprising that you refer to things that you do NOT understand as 'fantasy' or 'nonsense'.

The Creation of the Angle is done by the differing amounts of squirt based off of one of those TWO CONSISTENT AIM POINTS.

One does NOT use squirt to facilitate AIM, as you have incorrectly suggested.

Have you spent the consistent 3 hours hitting every shot with TOI as CJ suggested for those trying to understand & learn how to use TOI?

I doubt it.

Since it seems that you only analyze things in your head with no real life testing perhaps you should do some thinking on that word I recently used... dynamic.

Even if one decides to not make TOI their main style of play it is a very valuable method to have in one's tool box.

Just because you seem to be afraid or don't fully understand dynamic methods such as spin & squirt does not mean that you should try to steer others away from them. I don't think you should try to impose your insecurities or deficiencies regarding these methods upon others by slandering them with descriptions of 'fantasy' & 'nonsense'.

If you want to play by staying only on the vertical axis then fine, you do that. But please don't try to influence others by describing other styles of play as 'fantasy' & 'nonsense', especially when you are wrong about those opinionated assessments.

Last edited:

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member

I didn't wear Nikes...and I didn't win 6 NBA Championships.

Seems like a pretty convincing argument, no?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I've never said anything like that. Do you understand anything you read?

pj <- signs say no
chgo

You are entitled to your opinions & can certainly express them as you so often do.

I think most members & regular visitors know your stance on anything other than the vertical axis & it's not required that you 'say' them again for it to be 'kosher' to refer to them.

I've made my point that TOI is neither 'fantasy' nor 'nonsense'.

Each individual can make their own determinations as to what they may or may not want to 'investigate', as they should without rhetoric from others using terms like 'fantasy' & 'nonsense'.

But to the OP's subject of CJ's method for normal aiming, it has NOTHING to do with TOI.

Earlier in this thread I basically outlined CJ's normal aiming method that he teaches in his DVD.

Anyone can check out the accomplishments & accolades of CJ Wiley & make their own determinations as to whether or not he has credibility or is 'fantasy' or 'nonsense'.

Just for the record, before CJ came posting here on AZB, I knew very little about him other than he was a pro player whose name I'd heard mentioned. He is NOT my idol nor anything like that. I've based my opinion of him & his methods & techniques solely based on the exposure to him from this site & my testing of the info that he put forth through this site & one of the DVDs that he GAVE AWAY FOR FREE & one discounted for AZBers PPV from his site.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdorman View Post
I didn't wear Nikes...and I didn't win 6 NBA Championships.

Seems like a pretty convincing argument, no?

I don't use TOI.

No wonder I'm not a world champion.

This type of 'argument' is ridiculous.

It would seem that some do not understand what it is to perform athletically & what a difference equipment & techniques can make for ANYONE & not just the top players of a sport.

Trying playing tennis with a steel frame Wilson T2000 tennis racket that Jimmy Conners did for most of his career or the old wooden rackets vs the high tech rackets of today. Try hitting a baseball with a wooden bat vs. the high tech bats of not too many years ago that had be outlawed & reined in for College & HS use.

Try wearing the old canvas Converse All Stars vs an Air Jordan.

Try hitting a top spin backhand with an improper grip or technique.

Marketing can be bad when it makes false claims & I certainly understand that.

Marketing of something good & beneficial does not make it false or bad just because it is marketed.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I think most members & regular visitors know your stance on anything other than the vertical axis
Maybe you should ask one of them - because you obviously don't.

Anyway, back to the OP's request: CJ's "fractional" aiming method is the same as others' - he likes to visualize the fractions on the CB vs. the OB, but that doesn't make much difference; it's the same alignments either way. You can learn fractional aiming from just about anybody.

pj
chgo

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Maybe you should ask one of them - because you obviously don't.

Anyway, back to the OP's request: CJ's "fractional" aiming method is the same as others' - he likes to visualize the fractions on the CB vs. the OB, but that doesn't make much difference; it's the same alignments either way. You can learn fractional aiming from just about anybody.

pj
chgo

I know exactly what you've just recently said in the 'center ball' thread that went haywire with 'all kinds' of qualifiers.

For you to say "CJ's "fractional" aiming method is the same as others'" shows how little you know about athletic performance. While the outcome angles may be the same, the means to arrive at them are completely 'inverse'.

CJ decided to utilize 'his' method for reasons that he has stated. 'CJ's' method of the implementation of a fractional method is NOT the same as all others.

That all said, I am one that is not comfortable utilizing 'CJ's' 'normal' aiming method probably because I have TOO many decades of doing it differently.

But, for someone new to fractional aiming, I would certainly suggest that they give 'CJ's' method a look see as I understand his reasoning why, to him, it's a better method. So, for others, they should take a look & decide for themselves whether or not it might also be better for them.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Guy asks for some suggestions.......pissing match breaks out ...as usual with the usual suspects.

Also...don't forgot YouTube for some good info on shooting and Dr. Davis site.

See, that's how it works....offer some suggestion or just shut up.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Guy asks for some suggestions.......pissing match breaks out ...as usual with the usual suspects.

Also...don't forgot YouTube for some good info on shooting and Dr. Davis site.

See, that's how it works....offer some suggestion or just shut up.

I know a Dr. Davis. I think he's a proctologist.