Which to table to move forward with...

jprochnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My kids are gaining interest in shooting pool but they are constantly reaching for the bridge and struggling with the 52" cue on my 9ft Brunswick Manhattan pool table. I found a 8 ft brunswick park falls table not to far away that i'm considering buying and swapping out for my existing table to help with the kids reach as well as have the ability for adding a ping pong top to it. I'm just a casual player and never play in tournaments/league so I don't necessarily need a GC or a diamond. What are your guys thoughts on the table to go forward with? The park falls table has had only 6-10 games played on it and comes with the centennial play package as well for sub 2k.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My kids are gaining interest in shooting pool but they are constantly reaching for the bridge and struggling with the 52" cue on my 9ft Brunswick Manhattan pool table. I found a 8 ft brunswick park falls table not to far away that i'm considering buying and swapping out for my existing table to help with the kids reach as well as have the ability for adding a ping pong top to it. I'm just a casual player and never play in tournaments/league so I don't necessarily need a GC or a diamond. What are your guys thoughts on the table to go forward with? The park falls table has had only 6-10 games played on it and comes with the centennial play package as well for sub 2k.
I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze on this one.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have enough room, I would keep the 9 foot table. The kids will grow and learn to play on it and it will make them better players.

If the ping-pong table is your priority and you don’t have enough room for both, then yes, the 8 foot pool table will allow for the ping-pong conversion top, whereas the 9 foot table will not.

jprochnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm leaning towards keeping it. I have the room for the ping pong separately. I will say I need to have the local shop replace the wollen cloth with Simonis 860hr because I can't stand how slow the table plays.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
If you get rid of the 9 footer, chances are you will regret it at some point in the future. On the other hand, you will never regret keeping it if you take that route. Kids grow up quick. Facility with a bridge is a good asset to possess.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, keep the 9-footer and let the kids grow into it. Besides, learning to use the bridge is a valuable lesson.