Who are the top five players in your state?

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ohio

Corey Duell (Even though he is rarely here)
Shawn Putnam
Eric Durbin
Steve McAnnich
Troy Frank (may have relocated to the south)

Huck

S

Skip Newberry

Bavaria, Germany

Roman Hybler
Bernd Jahnke
Harun Arslan
Harry Stolka
Robert Hirschbichler

Are probably the best players here in the state of Bavaria, Germany. Just thought this might be interesting. If it's OK I'll do research for the rest of Germany?
SkipN

S

Skip Newberry

VitoCorleone said:
Marko Vogel
Dieter Johns
Harald Schröter
Thorsten Hohmann
Emrah Güvenc

also in Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen

Vito?,
I thought Thorsten played for Fulda, in Hessen. Does he live in Nordrhein-Westfalen?
SkipN

VitoCorleone

Registered
Skip Newberry said:
Vito?,
I thought Thorsten played for Fulda, in Hessen. Does he live in Nordrhein-Westfalen?
SkipN

Hallo. Thorsten wohnt irgendwo in/bei Köln. Spielt auch schon mal das Hausturnier der Blues Brothers in Bergisch Gladbach mit, wo er aber schon mal Niederlagen einsteckt... Meistens gewinnt er aber.

Yes, Thorsten lives in/near Cologne.

Buckster_uk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
huckster said:
Ohio

Corey Duell (Even though he is rarely here)
Shawn Putnam
Eric Durbin
Steve McAnnich
Troy Frank (may have relocated to the south)

Huck

Where does Cory reside then?

BackPocket9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
piglit said:
Jim Henson
Keither
Jim Henson
Jim Henson
Mike Davis
Jim Henson.
:(
-pigy

If you're talking about Maryland, there's no way that Jim Henson is the best player, let alone 3rd, 4th, and 6th as well. I have to think you're talking about Maryland because Mike Davis lives in Frederick, and if you are, you're definitely missing some better players. I thought Jim Henson was from Virginia, but in Virginia he'd be even further down the list than he would be in Maryland.

BackPocket9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In PA:

1) Pat McNally
2) Gerry Slivka
3) Bob Maidhoff
4) Jimmy Fusco
5) Pete Fusco

Close behind: Dave Daya, Billy Kirschner, Kevin Clark, Mike Miller, Nick Mannino

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
piglit said:
Jim Henson
Keither
Jim Henson
Jim Henson
Mike Davis
Jim Henson.
:(
-pigy

Hi Pigy,

I wonder if I'm thinking of the correct Jim Hensen. I would guess he's in Pigy Heaven now. If not, how about Mike Ford? He showed lots of speed last year here in Rochester. Mike Davis told me he rarely travels. Ryan McCreash resides in Maryland now. He definitely should be on your list!

BackPocket9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cardiac kid said:
Hi Pigy,

I wonder if I'm thinking of the correct Jim Hensen. I would guess he's in Pigy Heaven now. If not, how about Mike Ford? He showed lots of speed last year here in Rochester. Mike Davis told me he rarely travels. Ryan McCreash resides in Maryland now. He definitely should be on your list!

Danny Green might be the best player in all of Maryland after Mike Davis. Shaun Wilkie is an up-and-comer. There are also jam-up one pocket players to numerous to mention.

The Jim Henson Pigy is referring to is a short, loud, and obnoxious guy around 40 years old they call "Shorty". He's mentioned in "Playing off the Rail" (in the chapter on Arlington, VA) and he's one of the better 9-ball players in the area -- but definitely not number-one.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tough call with so many shortstops but here are my favorites.

Marty Herman
Tom "Shorty" D'Alfonso
Jarrod Clowery
Nelson Oliveira
Mark Ransom

Up and coming and close to making list is Chris Leal who has been playing some extremely strong pool.

BackPocket9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DDKoop said:
Tough call with so many shortstops but here are my favorites.

Marty Herman
Tom "Shorty" D'Alfonso
Jarrod Clowery
Nelson Oliveira
Mark Ransom

Up and coming and close to making list is Chris Leal who has been playing some extremely strong pool.

From my limited knowledge, I feel that D'Alfonso is a level above the rest. What about Tony Ruberto?

Dave in Boston

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave

Dont forget Ruberto and Mike Mini, plus there are a few others out there that are making come backs. (and there still in there early twenties.)

But I do have to agree that Tommy is head and shoulders above the rest, he could be one of the top 5 players on the east coast.

David

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Revised

Dave in Boston said:
Dave

Dont forget Ruberto and Mike Mini, plus there are a few others out there that are making come backs. (and there still in there early twenties.)

But I do have to agree that Tommy is head and shoulders above the rest, he could be one of the top 5 players on the east coast.

David

Hey Dave,

Totally forgot about Ruberto and I almost put Mike Mini in there instead of Ransom. Probably should have. The list isn't in any order and I do agree that Shorty is the best player on the list. Revised list in order:

Tom (Shorty) D'Alfonso
Marty Herman
Jarrod Clowery
Tony Ruberto
Nelson Oliveira / Mikey Minichello

Dave

APA7

STRAIGHT POOL SUPERMAN
Silver Member
BackPocket9Ball
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2003

In PA:

1) Pat McNally
2) Gerry Slivka
3) Bob Maidhoff
4) Jimmy Fusco
5) Pete Fusco

Close behind: Dave Daya, Billy Kirschner, Kevin Clark, Mike Miller, Nick Mannino

You don't think that Jim Rempe plays well?

Brian

Last edited:
P

pooljunkie4ever

Cool Thread, maybe we can get a league going with the top 5 players representing a state. 4 division, North, South East and West. Player would qualify to be in the top 5.
Don't know who the top 5 players in Texas are, anyone have any idea?

DoomCue

David J. Baranski
Silver Member
pooljunkie4ever said:
Cool Thread, maybe we can get a league going with the top 5 players representing a state. 4 division, North, South East and West. Player would qualify to be in the top 5.

I think you'd have to put Double J, Jeremy Jones, at the top of that list.

-djb

BackPocket9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pooljunkie4ever said:

The first two are a given, but beyond that, I'm not really sure how to rank them, here are some ideas:

1) Jeremy Jones
2) Cliff Joyner

Dave Guiterrez
Dave Henson
Charlie "Hillbilly" Bryant
Al Mason
Javier Franco
Gilbert Martinez
John Drew Hager (fairly sure he lives in TX)

I also believe that even though he isn't playing anymore, if CJ Wiley started up again, he would give Jeremy Jones a serious run for the top spot. Also, Bob Vanover (although I don't think he plays anymore, either)

BackPocket9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA7 said:
BackPocket9Ball
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2003

In PA:

1) Pat McNally
2) Gerry Slivka
3) Bob Maidhoff
4) Jimmy Fusco
5) Pete Fusco

You don't think that Jim Rempe plays well?

Brian

My mistake -- Jim Rempe is the best player in Pennsylvania.