Who else misses the podcasts?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
From RunOutRadio and The Action Report?

I do. I think with all the streaming going on that the podcast audio shows and interviews have sort of gone away.

I loved all the interviews that Chad did for the Action Report and listen to them on my Ipod a lot.

With RunOut Radio I don't listen to them as much because Mike Howerton's voice as some sort of high pitched whistle on the s' and it's annoying but I eagerly await each new episode. It seems as if they are very infrequent lately.

If anyone is able to take up this ball and run with it I think that podcasts are still a popular and viable way to spread information about billiards.

I listen to a lot of NPR - National Public Radio podcasts and they manage to preserve a lot of history through personal interviews. We have a lot of great players who can contribute to the fabric of the billiard world. And how about the old timers who had pool rooms and billiard supply places 30-40-50 years ago.

Now we have the ability to put this stuff "on tape" and all it takes is a phone and a digital recorder.

I hope to see more podcasts created and not dismissed in favor of streaming video. I think the two formats compliment each other.
 
Mike and Jerry are still doing ROR. They've both been traveling much lately. They are a treasure and hope those who are not familiar with them check out the library of interviews they've accumulated over the years.

Also, I encourage folks to purchase TAR DVD's from www.theactionreport.com They are very well made, great action, terrific and open commentary and it supports a team of insanely hard working folks who have enriched our sport.
 
I fully agree about supporting the videos, by purchasing DVD's and streams. My point was and is though that the podcasts serve to both preserve and inform billiard fans of what's happening in pool.

Also podcasts can make it to places like Itunes where it can reach so many more people.

Well I enjoyed what has been done so far and eagerly await more.
 
Check out my new billiards podcast!

I totally agree, John. I love both the Runout Radio and TAR podcast. For a long time, I thought that the ROR podcast was inactive. Then I realized that my itunes subscription wasn't pulling in the new shows. Now, I'm all caught up listening to more recent shows.

The new TAR podcast format with video is awesome. I wish they would publish it in itunes, too. I'm always looking for more stuff to stuff into my ears.

My podcast is a little bit different approach to billiards information, but I hope to provide good information to help pool players in some different ways. If you search for "Billiards Biohacker" on itunes, you should find it. Also, go to my site at www.BilliardsBiohacker.com/podcast

Cheers,
Skippy
 
Back
Top