Who has the best looking set of balls

Pangit

Banned
billiard_balls_pool_accessories_brunswick_centennial.jpg

Call me an old fashioned color blind pool player if you want, but I still think it's Brunswick.

To the Cyclop ball fans...I say Bollocks! Those things are pastel with no substance.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing wrong with old fashioned and color blind, Pangit - same for the estimable Brunswick Centennials...

But since you asked for “best looking” set of balls, I’ll offer up the elusive Raschig 15’s:

1314de76ee8d77c0daada83e47060653.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - yes - and what makes the Raschig design so appealing to me is the larger, easy to read slim-line numerals on white backgrounds for every ball whilst keeping the overall set looking well-matched (solids vs stripes if you will)...and the bright, bold, radiant colors of course.

~ K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pangit

Banned
Nothing wrong with old fashioned and color blind, Pangit - same for the estimable Brunswick Centennials...

But since you asked for “best looking” set of balls, I’ll offer up the elusive Raschig 15’s:

1314de76ee8d77c0daada83e47060653.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - yes - and what makes the Raschig design so appealing to me is the larger, easy to read slim-line numerals on white backgrounds for every ball whilst keeping the overall set looking well-matched (solids vs stripes if you will)...and the bright, bold, radiant colors of course.

~ K.

That's a beautiful set of balls. Even my old color blind eyes can see the difference between the 3/7 and 11/15. :thumbup:

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And now that you mentioned the 3/7 and 11/15 colors, Pangit, I realized that photo I took last year of those Raschig 15’s isn’t in the best of light on the table - I’ll have to re-shoot those when I get back home since they look so much better in person. I’ll try to capture their “true colors” with a better camera and see if it won’t make the 3/7 and 11/15 red hues pop even more

I better be fair here and say your vote for the BC’s is an honorable one - and in my top 5 for sure! Instantly recognizable with a universal beauty worldwide.

Last edited:

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is an old HYATT set from the 30's. They have a distinct look due to the clay.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 825

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kraze & Rubiks have the best looking balls I've ever seen bar none!!!! 😊 On a serious note; if given the choice, Cents are the only balls would be the only balls id ever be interested in or want to play with ( prefer the old balls ).

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This. Almost got the Centennials, but the Duramith material of the Tournaments won me over.

Those Cents are fantastic looking.

As i said the Cents are the only balls for me. I am all about " you have to pay to play " - as is life, but $400-$500 a set for new ones seems SOOOO ridiculous to me I can't even tell you.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
As i said the Cents are the only balls for me. I am all about " you have to pay to play " - as is life, but $400-$500 a set for new ones seems SOOOO ridiculous to me I can't even tell you.

You can find them on Amazon (from a company in Birmingham, AL) for under $300 from time to time.

jad

Registered
I love the Brunswick’s but I find they get dirty so fast. Close second is the Aramith Tournament set and stays clean much longer.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I love the Brunswick’s but I find they get dirty so fast. Close second is the Aramith Tournament set and stays clean much longer.

I love any set I can’t see.....it means I knocked ‘em all in the hole.
:wink:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's odd. I played with Centennials for almost 25 years, almost every day, in the room I played in and they never seemed to be dirty.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There have been several threads and even a Az poll about pool ball designs.
The poll focused on comparison of Saluc Centennials vs. the one eyed brand.

Without a doubt, the Centennials were the most popular and handsome design.
I play with Centennial pool balls and always have at least one new set as backup.

The clops had issues from the outset when introduced, the cue ball was flat out funky,
the colors and numbers were not as pretty as the Centennial design and frankly, other
Aramith series of pool balls were prettier and just looked better but still 2nd to Brunswick.

There isn't any other brand as handsome or plays better than Brunswick pool balls and
tolerances are dead on accurate when it comes to the balls grams weight & mm diameter.

Matt B.

Attachments

• pool balls & cues 006.jpg
    pool balls & cues 006.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 343
  • Brunswick Certificate.jpg
    Brunswick Certificate.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I have Cents but use the Tournament Pro's or Skittles. The Centennials do require constant cleaning/maintenance.

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aramith Pro Cup Tv is the best looking set IMO.
Haven't seen the Tournament TV set in person yet tho. On the Internet they seem even better looking, but I'll have to wait until I see them in person