Who is going to Dr. Cue Classic Artistic Cup IV - Side Pockets in St. Charles, MO??

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Who is going to Dr. Cue Classic Artistic Cup IV - - Side Pockets in St. Charles, MO On December 2, 3, 4, and 5?

Gene (Crown Cues) and I are planning to be there. We were hoping to bring at least one or two of the locals with us, but last minute issues came up -- like not being able to take off work on Friday -- everyone is expendable at Christmas time! :(

We should arrive in St. Charles, this evening. If you want to watch the action, check it out at

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/michigankid

Last edited:

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
How am I JUST NOW hearing about this??!?!

Oh - and Crown Cues will be there?? Any chance he'll have some on display? I've been eying the website for months now, would love to a chance to hit with one, if possible.

Last edited:

JesPiddlin

Silver Member

Oh - and Crown Cues will be there?? Any chance he'll have some on display? I've been eying the website for months now, would love to a chance to hit with one, if possible.

Some of the competitors have Crown Cues masse' cues and some currently have playing cues on order. I'm not sure which ones will be there. I have received word that Tim Chin will be unable to go.

We (Crown Cues) can't travel often, so the trip to the east or west coast is usually impossible for us. This is only a 6-8 hour drive and we have a motel room reserved. We have been hoping for a middle of the country location for one of the annual competitions and we are glad Dr. Cue is bringing this one so close to home.

We are excited to finally be able to sit and watch one of the competitions, instead of working a booth during the whole thing. HOWEVER, we will have some of our cues with us on the trip.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member

So, does this mean we'll have the opportunity to meet you there?

stljohnny

Silver Member
Yep! I'll be there on one of the weekend-days/evenings. It's quite a drive for me during the week, with the traffic and everything. I live on the complete opposite end of the area, so... saturday is the most likely day I'll be there.

Is there a flyer or something for this event? I'd be happy to hand some info out to get more attendance.

I'm surprised this is being held at that location... there aren't many (as in more than 1, that i know of) big tables there... but it's all fun regardless. :)

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
We are glad its inside the States and not on the border, for once. We can't always be running off to the east or west coast. It's nice to be able to drive to one in less than a day. I hope this year's location turns out really nice and they want it back for next year.

We'll miss the Opening Ceremonies and Round 1, but we should be there in time for Round 2.

Here's what we have on the event schedule:

Event Schedule and Details

Location / Venue – Side Pockets, 1439 Bass Pro Drive, St. Charles, MO 63301 (near St. Louis)
Website: http://www.sidepockets.com/locations/stCharles/stCharles.php

Event Promoters – Tom “Dr. Cue” and Marty “Ms. Cue” Rossman

Promoter Contact – 765.795.4968 (H) / 765.760.7665 (C) / drcue@artisticpool.org

A) Thursday (12/2/10) – (1:00PM to 11:00PM) – Player Practice and Early Registration

B) Thursday (12/2/10) – (7:00PM – 10:00PM) – “Open” Training Forum on “Cup” Challenges + Dr. Cue Show

Note: This session is for any event player or fan that wants to attend and based on available table!

C) Friday (12/3/10) – (10:00AM – 12:00Noon) – Opening Ceremonies (RACK Room)

Note: Includes “Dr. Cue” welcome message, confirmed registration list, players’ meeting, special prizes, group draw, and schedule postings for competition rounds (Players are encouraged to attend)

D) Friday (12/3/10) – (2:00PM to 5:00PM) – Round #1 for all players (Trick/Fancy & Prop/Novelty/SA)

Note: Starting at this time allows players to fly in early on Friday, if necessary.

E) Friday (12/3/10) – (7:00PM to 10:00PM) – Round #2 for all players (Draw & Follow)

F) Saturday (12/4/10) – (10:00AM to 1:00PM) – Round #3 for all players (Bank/Kick & Stroke)

G) Saturday (12/4/10) – (2:00PM to 5:00PM) – Round #4 for all players (Jump & Masse)

H) Saturday (12/4/10) – (7:00PM to 10:00PM) – Lag “Qualifier Finals” and “National Finals” + Awards

I) Sunday (12/5/10) – (8:00AM to 9:00AM) – Sunrise Fellowship Service / Refreshments (RACK Room)

J) Sunday (12/5/10) – (10:00AM to 11:00AM) – Match Play (8 players – 8 pre-selected challenges + 2)

Note: Top 4 players after preliminary rounds will receive bye in 1st round of elimination shootout

K) Sunday (12/5/10) – (11:00AM to 12:00Noon) – Match Play (8 players – 8 pre-selected challenges + 2)

L) Sunday (12/5/10) – (1:00PM to 2:00PM) – Match Play (4 players – 8 pre-selected challenges + 2)

M) Sunday (12/5/10) – (2:00PM to 3:00PM) – Match Play (2 players – 8 pre-selected challenges + 2)

Scoring Note: Play by play scoring updates via large board process for all “match play” pairings, plus displayed for audience viewing…providing excitement for spectators and players.

N) Sunday (12/5/10) – (4:00PM to 5:00PM) – Cup IV Awards + Special Presentation To Cue-Dean-E Search Honoree for 2010 (RACK Room)

Special Note: Overall event schedule subject to slight changes by event directors!

stljohnny

Silver Member
Sweet! Thanks for the info. I'll spread it around. :)

Too bad I can't make it Thursday - I'd love to get in one of those "open/fan" tables.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
Sweet! Thanks for the info. I'll spread it around. :)

Too bad I can't make it Thursday - I'd love to get in one of those "open/fan" tables.

We'd love to get there by Thursday, also. However, it's just not possible for us, this year. We're just thrilled we're able to go, this year.

Friday is coming REAL SOON!! See you this weekend!

Anyone else planning to be there??????

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
Crown Cues will be in St. Charles, tonight! Can't wait to enjoy the show! Check it out at

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/michigankid

Some of the times may have changed from my previous listing, but I'm figuring they probably kept fairly close to it.

It would be great to meet up with some of the folks in the central states who can make it.

Also -- Florian "Venom" Kohler is there! Don't miss the opportunity to see some Crown Cues AND meet Florian!

stljohnny

Silver Member
Whoa! Seriously? Florian will be there?? Oh man, I'm so there for sure. Saturday though, friday night I got some action to take care of. heh.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
Yeah,,, Florian is definitely here, along with some other great names in the mix! See ya soon!

Dustin_J

Commence the Jigglin!
Silver Member
I'm dragging my fiancee with me to the 2pm session today. It seems that the jump/masse session should be a good time.

stljohnny

Silver Member
I hope I didn't miss you guys... I'm here now. At the counter across from the camera. :)

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
I hope I didn't miss you guys... I'm here now. At the counter across from the camera. :)

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

I'm glad you found us. I was hoping to meet Dustin, but I didn't see any barefooted, long-bearded hillbillies there. Maybe we'll meet up, next time.

Dustin - I was running around in a pink Crown Cues t-shirt and carrying a camera. Gene was in his black button-down shirt with a Crown Cues logo on the pocket.

Dustin_J

Commence the Jigglin!
Silver Member
Dustin - I was running around in a pink Crown Cues t-shirt and carrying a camera. Gene was in his black button-down shirt with a Crown Cues logo on the pocket.

Ahh, I'm pretty sure I saw you there Saturday afternoon. Was Gene was the gentleman with the blonde hair? We were only there for about 2 hours, though, and I wasn't able to make it out on Sunday. My fiancee and I were sitting in the area where you all took the group picture. I should have came over and said something I suppose.

Anyway, it was a fun show and looked to be very organized and well run. I hope you two were able to part with a few cues. Also, it was nice to see quite a few spectators, especially some of the kids. Hopefully that'll encourage them to get on the tables a bit.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I was all set to play in this event and then my step son got hurt and has to have surgery so I had to skip it this year. Huge disappointment for me to miss this, I practiced every day for almost 5 months. Glad to see Florian won it. He deserves it.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
Ahh, I'm pretty sure I saw you there Saturday afternoon. Was Gene was the gentleman with the blonde hair? We were only there for about 2 hours, though, and I wasn't able to make it out on Sunday. My fiancee and I were sitting in the area where you all took the group picture. I should have came over and said something I suppose.

Anyway, it was a fun show and looked to be very organized and well run. I hope you two were able to part with a few cues. Also, it was nice to see quite a few spectators, especially some of the kids. Hopefully that'll encourage them to get on the tables a bit.

Yup. Gene had the bleached blonde hair. (Story and pics about the hair event can be found at http://www.jespiddlin.net/qspot/blonde2.html )

You should have said hi. I was the one climbing onto a chair for pics. Hopefully, they'll have it in the same place next year and you'll be more willing to speak up, next time. ;-) It would have been cool to have a few azers meet up there. (other than just the players)

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
I was all set to play in this event and then my step son got hurt and has to have surgery so I had to skip it this year. Huge disappointment for me to miss this, I practiced every day for almost 5 months. Glad to see Florian won it. He deserves it.

I hope you get to make it, next year. Gene is also talking about possibly entering it, if they have it at the same place or as near as that was, so we can make the trip.

I know about those hospital situations. Gene's mom had strokes a couple weeks before the event and we almost didn't go, but we were so overworked we really needed the break and we already had the reservations for months, so we went. We are both really glad we did go. We were able to relax and enjoy the event with friends.