Who makes the best low deflection shaft?

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'be only tried OB, Predator(314'2, Z3, revo, prolly some others) and Tiger Ultra X. But have I have two Bob danielson shafts on the way, which I'm looking forward to.

But as of now my favorite by far is the 30" OB1+. I own an OB2+, OB1+, and an OB Classic Pro+, and a Tiger X Ultra. I've found that the OB shafts with the wooden ferrule's are best with a medium tip (ultraskins black but the TIB's are my favorite) but the tone they make when striking the cue ball has a nice low, solid, warm note to it, which I much prefer over the sharper ping like note that the OB Classic, tiger, predator shafts have. Although I have hit a few 314'2 shafts that had kamui clear tips on them that produced a similar tone to the wooden ferruled OB+ Shafts, but not quite as low, soft, and romantic, if you will. In a silent pool hall you'll notice women simultaneously slipping out of their seats when you let out a firm stroke while burying a game winning ball in the back of a corner pocket, just something I've noticed, there are probably scientific facts somewhere.

As far as deflection goes, they're all pretty similar, the smaller the tip diameter the lower deflection, as far as I can tell. I spose science would prove otherwise, but as far as real time match shots and practical amounts of English being applied...they all play as advertised and produce less cue ball squirt than a tradition solid maple shaft.

I like them all honestly, and probably don't play much better with one or another, it's just a sound and feel preference, aside from that, I advocate and play with an OB because I appreciate their customer service, dedication to innovation, and the fact that they manufacture their product in the USA.

MalibuMike

Banned
Try the new 30" Tiger Pro X "Carom" 12.25mm tip!

I'be only tried OB, Predator(314'2, Z3, revo, prolly some others) and Tiger Ultra X. But have I have two Bob danielson shafts on the way, which I'm looking forward to.

But as of now my favorite by far is the 30" OB1+. I own an OB2+, OB1+, and an OB Classic Pro+, and a Tiger X Ultra. I've found that the OB shafts with the wooden ferrule's are best with a medium tip (ultraskins black but the TIB's are my favorite) but the tone they make when striking the cue ball has a nice low, solid, warm note to it, which I much prefer over the sharper ping like note that the OB Classic, tiger, predator shafts have. Although I have hit a few 314'2 shafts that had kamui clear tips on them that produced a similar tone to the wooden ferruled OB+ Shafts, but not quite as low, soft, and romantic, if you will. In a silent pool hall you'll notice women simultaneously slipping out of their seats when you let out a firm stroke while burying a game winning ball in the back of a corner pocket, just something I've noticed, there are probably scientific facts somewhere.

As far as deflection goes, they're all pretty similar, the smaller the tip diameter the lower deflection, as far as I can tell. I spose science would prove otherwise, but as far as real time match shots and practical amounts of English being applied...they all play as advertised and produce less cue ball squirt than a tradition solid maple shaft.

I like them all honestly, and probably don't play much better with one or another, it's just a sound and feel preference, aside from that, I advocate and play with an OB because I appreciate their customer service, dedication to innovation, and the fact that they manufacture their product in the USA.

Try the new 30" Tiger Pro X "Carom" 12.25mm tip! (you may have to order custom from Tiger, no extra charge!) Blows away anything by OB, or anyone else for that matter, I use it on my Schon with a G2 Med. Tip, Best combo ever! Trust me on this one! I have tried them all! I keep going back to Tiger!
Don't waste your time with Pred. or OB, all hype and advertising! for Shafts Tiger!

Attachments

• 1458112516645.jpg
    1458112516645.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 808
  • 20150425_153016.jpg
    20150425_153016.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 808
  • 20150425_172032.jpg
    20150425_172032.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 811
  • 20150429_174214.jpg
    20150429_174214.jpg