Who makes the Best Rack

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Sardo Rack which works great but it is too slow.
I use my Diamond wooden rack which works great.

Looking for something new.

I once saw a rack that only had two sides, which folded nicely.
You could fit it into your case.

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
best rack

360 RACK is coming out soon. It's a 10Ball template with round holes, thinner than all the Magic Racks around.
It's a great invention, from a guy in Washington

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I'll throw out the Accu-Racks... Any rack works well on new cloth with new balls but when that's not the case there is only one way to bet...

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a delta rack and really dig it. Nothing racks as perfectly though as the magic rack in my experience. It is good to have both a normal rack and a racking template like magic rack.

blackda

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a delta rack and really dig it. Nothing racks as perfectly though as the magic rack in my experience. It is good to have both a normal rack and a racking template like magic rack.

I agree... I have a Delta 13 Elite and Magic Rack.i love them both. However I seem to make more balls on the break off the Magic Rack.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I'll throw out the Accu-Racks... Any rack works well on new cloth with new balls but when that's not the case there is only one way to bet...

I'll 2nd that. It gives a great rack even with worn cloth and balls
I have several racks and it's by far my favorite

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Delta 13

I have the Delta 13 and it is the best out there in my opinion.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Along with everyone else here, Magic Rack is best, for most games. It's #1 use I think is 10 ball. 9 ball it's too easy to play around with the rack and a soft break. Maybe it's good for 8 ball but never tried it for that, since too many balls can crowd around the center, I don't like having to leave the rack on the table.

I have used the Delta racks, and they are built very solid. Don't know about how well it will rack a less than perfect set of balls, but the build quality is great.

The issue with it is that it may be TOO good, with a wooden rack you can turn it around till you can find a sweet spot where the balls are tighter, with a "perfectly" made rack, all sides are the same hehe.

On a not new table, with not new balls, you may be better off using a simple wooden rack.

obsespool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Sardo Rack which works great but it is too slow.
I use my Diamond wooden rack which works great.

Looking for something new.

I once saw a rack that only had two sides, which folded nicely.
You could fit it into your case.
Magic rack. Any of the template racks probably. I used to use paper templates that you punched the holes in before magic rack came out.

KenK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Magic Rack...Maybe it's good for 8 ball but never tried it for that, since too many balls can crowd around the center, I don't like having to leave the rack on the table.

I just recently got a magic rack and use it only for 8 ball. Of all the games I've played thus far, I would say its a very low percentage of the times where I could not pick up the magic rack right after the break.

alanvo

Banned
I think Jenna Jameson...
600full-jenna-jameson.jpg

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
If you're used to the tightness from a sardo, then you may feel like a traditional rack (wood, metal, etc) feels like a step backwards. In that case I think you'll be best off with a magic rack or accu-rack.

People complain about how slow templates are and I know you want something faster, but you can speed up template racking a lot... just lay it where it needs to go, then get any regular triangle and throw the balls in it as usual. Lift it an inch off the table and then roll it forward to bring all the balls forward into the template's holes/slots. Once you get the knack for it they fall in place and you can lift with triangle and walk away knowing it's perfect.

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to be a magic rack skeptic. Didn't like the idea of a piece of plastic interfering with the balls.

Then I played 10-ball with a magic rack one day, and with a Delta 13 the next day (on old, worn cloth).

It was like playing an entirely different game. Entirely. Different. Game.

Now, I say magic rack (or similar) all the way.