Who will be the next cuemaker inducted into the hall of fame

hussler

Pristine Cues
Silver Member
We all have our favorite cuemaker, and think we know which one will be the next to be inducted into the cuemaker hall of fame. Tell us who your choice would be and why.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I would think Pete and Tim would be seriously considered candidates, assuming you are talking about the ACA.

hussler

Pristine Cues
Silver Member
ACA Cuemaker Hall of Fame

Yes, we are talking about the ACA Cuemakers Hall of Fame.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
its a bit soon, but Eric Crisp no doubt should be in the HOF someday. Or now as the youngest member, considering his age/knowledge ratio he is a protigey,

There are so many good cue makers out there these days that some great guys will sadly get passed over.

for the current year IDK or have a clue, I just know that they are amazing craftsmen with true passion.

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
Wow, that list of members is quite short for the number of makers doing superb work(both "feel" and craftsmanship)...My guess would be Haley...:eek:

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
Just curious...
I can think of handfuls of makers that are at the top of the foodchain that aren't even members...
Can someone enlighten me here? :confused:

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Besides several very deserving living legends, Craig Petersen should be postumously elected to the Hall of Fame. The reason is simple....his cues played as good as any that have ever been made and his work the last 5 years of his life stands up against most anybody making cues today...nearly 20 years later. IMO it's a real shame he is not in there already.

Sean

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Wow, that list of members is quite short for the number of makers doing superb work(both "feel" and craftsmanship)...My guess would be Haley...:eek:

Well as I understand ACA is a group that is open to ALL CUEMAKERS to join, and the Requirement For Membership is listed in Black & White. Some Cuemakers choose to be Member of ACA, apply for membership, build a Cue to be "Judged" for membership, some Cuemakera are excepted as members, some not. Some Cuemakers choose not to be part of ACA.

CUEMAKER MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS

An application must be sponsored by 2 or more voting members of the ACA. The applicant must complete an application form and submit a check for $1,000. If membership is accepted, this check will be used as an application fee and for the first year's dues. If membership is denied, the check will be returned.

A sample cue must be submitted to the Membership Committee at one of the events where the majority of the membership committee will be in attendance. Currently, this includes the Allen Hopkins Super Billiard Expo. To be accepted, at least 4 members from the Committee must judge the cue. The cue must have at least :

(1) A minimum of four "V-bottom" points with at least 3 veneers (spliced or recut).

(2) Inlays in the forearm and butt sleeve with at least 4 being multi layered. (inlays within inlays)

(3) Ring work in the joint, forearm and butt sleeve.

(4) An Irish linen or leather wrap.

(5) A butt cap and bumper.

All work must be done by the applicant in the United States. Only raw materials as defined below may be purchased. Pre-assembled parts or kits will be strictly prohibited. The Committee will not be judging the visual design, but only the construction and workmanship.

The cue will be returned to the applicant after judging along with feedback from the Membership Committee. If the cue does not meet the full requirements of the committee, the applicant's money will be refunded along with his cue.

If the cue receives full acceptance, the application will proceed to the verification phase. During this phase, the ACA will contact ALL of its members (Voting, Merchandising and Associate). The members will be asked to report any known problems that the applicant may have in such areas as ethics, or questionable business practices. Any adverse information reported will be discussed among the board. Further information or clarification from the applicant may be required. This process may take up to 60 days.

After any and all issues have been resolved, the applicant will start a 2 year period where he will be a member of the ACA except he will not be allowed to vote. The member will be allowed to display the ACA logo on all ads and correspondence, however. After the 2 year period, the cuemaker will become a full voting member of the ACA. The only exception to this is that for the first ten years of membership, the new member will pay $500.00 per year in dues. Currently established voting members pay $300.00. After the 10th year, the new member's dues revert to the $300.00 level. Should the $300.00 dues that existing voting members pay increase during this period, the new member's dues will increase proportionally.

NOTE! In special cases where the Board of Directors is familiar with a cuemaker's work and ability, the cuemaker may be granted membership without having to go through the judging of his cue. These applications will be handled on a case by case basis.

DEFINITIONS

Raw materials: Items used in the making of cues. These include natural materials such as wood, ivory, metals, shells and stones, as well as basic manufactured items such as brass inserts, joint pins, rubber bumpers, tips, linen, leather, metal rings, glues, plastics, phenolics, finishes etc. These manufactured items are typically one piece and commonly purchased by custom cuemakers.

FYI there is also an International Cuemakers Association with their OWN HALL of FAME!

Last edited:

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
I would love to see Tim Scruggs and Mike Cochran get inducted into the halll of fame at the same time!!

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
Thanks Cowboy :)
I looked for it but couldn't find it... Does one(cuemaker) have to be a voting member to be elected into the HOF? Pardon my ignorance... That just really limits the nominees...

sharpq

What's a "Taper Roll" ???
Silver Member
Hopefully, one day you'll see Fanelli. I didn't see him on Cococowboy's ACA members list. But, the members who are inducted into the hall of fame, each did something in the advancement of cue construction or design.

I think Paul deserves this same recognition, one day. His advanced design in butterflies is unparalleled. You NEVER see a tribute or copy of Paul's designs. That's because other cuemakers can't do it!!!!!! That's saying something right there! Regardless, if you like the butterfly design or not, you have to give props where deserved.

Thanks, Todd