Who will be the next cuemaker inducted into the hall of fame

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The ACA don´t like to put many guys in this list.
I think they only want to have guys in the list, which have showed their talent over many decades. :wink:
And I think that´s not a bad idea to do it that way, because it should be something special.

:eek:"HALL OF FAME":eek::, you know:grin:

Some ideas from my side, at least my two cent.

1. Scruggs and Cochran together would be an awesome idea, and there would be many tears out there.
2. Craig Peterson, Bob Runde or DPK are fine in my eyes, too.
3. But one, who has done that much for cuemaking over the last 40 years is forgotten - BILL STROUD - congrats :grin-square:

Eric"h" ------ Scruggs or Stroud, that´s it !!

Charlie Edwards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No matter if they are members of certain organizations or not, any HOF which doesn't include Joel Hercek is incomplete. He is the greatest cuemaker of all time, bar none. I regret not owning one of his cues.

Joshua70

german oak
Silver Member
Big names. And each of them improved cue-building. I own a Mottey and a BB and they both play lights out.
What´s most impressive for me, is the deep-knife-in technique combined with coring the butt of Tony, which is also used from Michael Vollmer. No matter how many inlays are in the cue- it plays always impressive!

After there are so many great names to choose from- who did the most impressive invention?

Who was the first to core a butt?

What´s about Jerry Franklin?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Besides several very deserving living legends, Craig Petersen should be postumously elected to the Hall of Fame. The reason is simple....his cues played as good as any that have ever been made and his work the last 5 years of his life stands up against most anybody making cues today...nearly 20 years later. IMO it's a real shame he is not in there already.

Sean

The man made incredible cues.
Imagine if he had better equipment.:eek:
George Balabushka - February, 1993

Herman Rambow - October, 1993

Burton Spain - October, 1993

Ernie Gutierrez - July, 1994

Harvey Martin - March, 1995

Gus Szamboti - March, 1997

Frank Paradise - June, 1998

Eugene and Ilona Balner - July, 1999

Ernie Gutierrez - 1994-07-01

Dan Janes - 2003-07-01

Jerry Franklin - 2005-03-01

Bill Schick - 2007-03-01

Richard Black - 2009-03-01
Tad and Stroud should go in.

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The ACA don´t like to put many guys in this list.
I think they only want to have guys in the list, which have showed their talent over many decades. :wink:
And I think that´s not a bad idea to do it that way, because it should be something special.

:eek:"HALL OF FAME":eek::, you know:grin:

Some ideas from my side, at least my two cent.

1. Scruggs and Cochran together would be an awesome idea, and there would be many tears out there.
2. Craig Peterson, Bob Runde or DPK are fine in my eyes, too.
3. But one, who has done that much for cuemaking over the last 40 years is forgotten - BILL STROUD - congrats :grin-square:

Eric"h" ------ Scruggs or Stroud, that´s it !!
I thought Bill was in, he would get my vote this year.

troro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, I think Scruggs/Cochran and Bill Stroud should be no brainers for all they have done for cuemaking.

Troy

nksmfamjp

Refugee...
Silver Member
I think it woul be hard for a guy making 20 x $600 cues a year, to justify spending $1000 to join an organization which most cue lovers would struggle to find with a link to it. Right now, I see 100 times more value to joining AZ THAN ACA. just my opinion,

Now, I think this is wrong. I think the ACA should br doing more to showcase the amazing cue work bring done like pushing museum exhibitions, cue calenders, cue pic of the day Franklin Planner refills, cue exhibition magazine, organizing "try a custom cue days" at major pool halls, organizing cuemakers build offs, maybe a TV Show on Discovery Channel, establishing wood grading standards, establishing wood curing best practices, establishing a uniform cue grading process(for buying/selling) etc, etc. That's all I can think of for now! I'm just saying that is how most trade organizations support their members. Maybe a membership price based on annual sales volume?