Whos coming to Michaels for bank tourny this weekend?

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe someone an answer something for me.
Why race to ball count of 23? Why 23?

A few years ago, I played in a one pocket mini at Sacramento hard times. Single elimination - I think a race to 25.

At the US Bar Table, we will have 16@ 9' tables. (Feb 12-19, 2012)
The World PPA Reno Shootout will only be on 17-19.

We will have a lot of events on the 9' tables-
Some one pocket and probably some banks. They need to be single elim.

What should the ball count races be to?

By The Way - you will be able to play in the bar table events nd the 9' events.

Hope you one out and try it! Hotel. Only $39/$49. CHEAP!!!

Mark griffin

Mark I think it is full rack bank. 3 racks of 15 ball is 45 balls total. So if it comes down to a real tight match with no scratches that last ball in the third rack is the case ball. It pretty much ensure the better player will win the set a run of 3 or 4 banks can let a lesser player win a game in banks 8 out of 15 but going to the 23 is definitely in favor of the better player.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
A few years ago, I played in a one pocket mini at Sacramento hard times. Single elimination - I think a race to 25.

Mark, I bet that tourney took forever! ;) J/K

3 racks of 15 ball is 45 balls total. So if it comes down to a real tight match with no scratches that last ball in the third rack is the case ball. It pretty much ensure the better player will win the set a run of 3 or 4 banks can let a lesser player win a game in banks 8 out of 15 but going to the 23 is definitely in favor of the better player.

My assumptions are the same.. Just started playing full rack, it's a fantastic game IMHO..

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tj & Truman....Talked to Chris Gentile last night. He will be coming there over the weekend (not sure he is playing but he will be there). Good Luck with the Tournament P.S. REMEMBER tell the players "If they get to the 4th rack, they did SOMETHING WRONG!!!" LOL John L. (Red Shoes Billiards)

John Brumback

Silver Member
Tj & Truman....Talked to Chris Gentile last night. He will be coming there over the weekend (not sure he is playing but he will be there). Good Luck with the Tournament P.S. REMEMBER tell the players "If they get to the 4th rack, they did SOMETHING WRONG!!!" LOL John L. (Red Shoes Billiards)

R jump cues allowed? I forgot.John B.

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JBKY....They are not allowed at mine, but "I Is" not the tournament director there. You know how "funny" things can get once you approach the Mason Dixon line. LOL Good luck all. J. Lavin