why did jose hit the 9 this way?

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a patient teacher and debater, I try to clarify when stubborn people debate me for no reason. Speaking of "repeating and re-clarifying one's position looks phony"--I heard you the first, second and third times you questioned my honesty and motives on this thread. So I ask you:

How does your acting like a bully help me or anyone at AZ learn anything?

How does your venting anger at people make you or anyone feel better about anything?

Or how about in a lesson? When your student says, "Not sure I understand," do you repeat yourself verbatim, restate yourself, or just say, "I'm confident in my information and have no need to repeat myself. Now learn what I told you!" And that's a one-on-one lesson, not a thread where people are debating me at the same time they make personal, unfair attacks.

By the way, "Because you talk a lot about a subject, you don't understand it" is an illogical stance.

PS. What "reputation" do you refer to above? My reputation as a patient and logical teacher, as commended by several people on this thread? Or my reputation with some AZ leaders who have a reputation for fighting with almost everyone else at AZ and not just me?

This is gibberish. I agree with Bob's assessment.

Last edited:

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a patient teacher and debater, I try to clarify when stubborn people debate me for no reason. Speaking of "repeating and re-clarifying one's position looks phony"--I heard you the first, second and third times you questioned my honesty and motives on this thread. So I ask you:

How does your acting like a bully help me or anyone at AZ learn anything?

How does your venting anger at people make you or anyone feel better about anything?

Or how about in a lesson? When your student says, "Not sure I understand," do you repeat yourself verbatim, restate yourself, or just say, "I'm confident in my information and have no need to repeat myself. Now learn what I told you!" And that's a one-on-one lesson, not a thread where people are debating me at the same time they make personal, unfair attacks.

By the way, "Because you talk a lot about a subject, you don't understand it" is an illogical stance.

PS. What "reputation" do you refer to above? My reputation as a patient and logical teacher, as commended by several people on this thread? Or my reputation with some AZ leaders who have a reputation for fighting with almost everyone else at AZ and not just me?

It's funny, I was just about to respond to BilliardsAbouts claim of commendations but then I saw Bob has already picked up on it.
I'd like to add that it's pretty hilarious him saying people should stay off this thread because they're not "instructors".
I'll flat out say that IMO Matt Sherman is "not an instructor". I don't think he's ever had any students or run any clinics. My personal opinion is that he's just out to scam people.
He finally put a video up....it's 8 seconds long and has nothing to do with pool. He has a Youtube channel but there aren't any pool instructional videos there.
If he were a reputable instructor I would think at least one of his satisfied students would post on here letting us know how he helped them. That hasn't happened and I doubt it ever will.
You want to give me a free lesson Matt? I'll pass.
You could offer to pay me to take a lesson. I'll still pass.
Oh and by the way, I'm not angry. What I am is completely baffled as to how an otherwise seemingly intelligent person can totally miss the point that people have been making over and over again.
Have a nice life.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
No one on this thread has commended you that I remember. ... I just reviewed the thread and found no commendation for your instruction. Perhaps I overlooked several responses. Would you care to point out three messages in which someone commended you?

You claim to be patient and logical. I find you to be evasive, incapable of responding to simple points and lacking all logic.

Member bbb did point to a review of how he found your instruction. I was not surprised by his description.

You went through 240 posts but couldn't download a 10-second video I made for you, one you requested from me specifically?

You missed Low500 calling those who oppose me churlish, childish. See above and:

Post 108: One thing I noticed is your patience with your posts, which is great for teaching. Our chemistry won't click as teacher and student. You seem like a good guy, I'd still buy you a beer, though. - Ken

Post 137: Matt, my apologies for questioning your instructor qualifications over this minor point. Yeah, we disagree on the swoop thing, but it's not enough of an issue to call the caliber of your instruction into question. I've never heard a complaint about that, and I'm sorry for implying it. - PJ

I have supporters in my inbox who commend me and are afraid to speak out because of the way they are assaulted here. I feel their pain, especially as you claim to have read the thread but missed each of the three statements above.

You cite me for not answering your questions. Fran cites me for answering questions at too much length on the same thread! Yet you’ve ignored every question I’ve asked on this thread. Here’s one:

How do top pros who aim every shot at the bottom of the cue ball get english without swooping, Bob?

Last edited:

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
It's funny, I was just about to respond to BilliardsAbouts claim of commendations but then I saw Bob has already picked up on it.
I'd like to add that it's pretty hilarious him saying people should stay off this thread because they're not "instructors".
I'll flat out say that IMO Matt Sherman is "not an instructor". I don't think he's ever had any students or run any clinics. My personal opinion is that he's just out to scam people.
He finally put a video up....it's 8 seconds long and has nothing to do with pool. He has a Youtube channel but there aren't any pool instructional videos there.
If he were a reputable instructor I would think at least one of his satisfied students would post on here letting us know how he helped them. That hasn't happened and I doubt it ever will.
You want to give me a free lesson Matt? I'll pass.
You could offer to pay me to take a lesson. I'll still pass.
Oh and by the way, I'm not angry. What I am is completely baffled as to how an otherwise seemingly intelligent person can totally miss the point that people have been making over and over again.
Have a nice life.

Sparkle! Don't be dull.

My YouTube Channel is my personal channel, not a pool channel. It contains nine videos and has for some months, one is a Tom Kennedy promotion and one is a fellow instructor demonstrating a nine-rail trick shot. Tony Robles does the video demonstrations at some of my pool sites. The video I posted on this thread shows how an offset stroke and a wrist swoop stroke are the same yet different. Replacing the cue ball with a ghost cue ball shows the same entry point, different exit points. Your response to that video is…? Any facts to share?

PM me and I’ll share with you a dozen referrals including happy students and room owners, fellow instructors, and playing pros who’ve watched me lead group teaching clinics.

Your accusations are getting worse, I seem to make you mad, but I won’t apologize for telling you facts. If you are not angry, you would not make baseless accusations and would calmly share facts as to why I'm incorrect regarding swooping on this thread or a short bridge (at times) on another thread. I've also offered to give you a lesson since you posted an Instructor Review thread about me. If you really sought to know if I'm as good as I say, you'd take a free lesson from me. That would justify your starting the Instructor Thread. ;)

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You went through 300 posts but couldn't download a video you requested from me specifically?
You missed Low500 calling those who oppose me churlish, childish. See above.
I have supporters in my inbox who commend me and are afraid to speak out because of the way they are assaulted here. I feel their pain.
This 'shootout in the street' here is bordering on some of those in the aiming forum.
Over there, all I have to do to get the "pool room detective" guns blasting away at me is to bring up someone's success with the *whisper*....cte aiming method. Or post that one of the "pool room detectives" is wrong about what he states as gospel.
They just cannot take the heat of rejection or disagreement...and being narcissistic as most are, they simply MUST have the last word.
I mentioned to you way back there that finding open minds in USA pool rooms/forums is about like peeing into the wind and having it blow back in your face.
It's a losing effort. Fold your hand...you cannot win.
Have a nice day.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can reclarify if you like. :smile:

Your perpetual anger against me and other instructors isn't making you look welcoming for your own lessons and hurts others, too.

Nah. That tactic won't work either. What you can do, though, is get yourself educated and work on your pool game. I saw your stance. You even posted photos of it as if you were proud of it and acting as an expert at the same time.

I'm done here. Feel free to have the last word. If you look at my posting history, you'll see that I always bow out first. It's the right thing to do when the discussion is fruitless.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Nah. That tactic won't work either. What you can do, though, is get yourself educated and work on your pool game. I saw your stance. You even posted photos of it as if you were proud of it and acting as an expert at the same time.

I'm done here. Feel free to have the last word. If you look at my posting history, you'll see that I always bow out first. It's the right thing to do when the discussion is fruitless.

If this becomes fruitless, that’s your choice, since I’m willing to listen to you and learn from you. And you don’t need a last word, since we’re not debating. I sometimes choose, however, to defend myself from attacks. (Your response above to "stop attacking fellow instructors, please" is apparently "you can't play pool well, based on some photos I saw, and you act like an expert but aren't one", another attack. I heard you the first five or six times you attacked me on this thread, Fran.)

I believe there’s an ideal stance for each player but not one that suits all players. From memory, years ago, you commented on a website article where I demonstrate three alternative stances. If you don’t like one or more of those stances, more specifically than “it looks wrong to me”, comment here and we can all benefit. Of course, the article explained right and wrong stance moves but you didn't listen to my responses years ago, either.

I posted a press release at AZ this week--my pool book and DVD sold out and has been reacquired by a new publisher. I have hundreds of thousands of words online in pool articles, besides my college-level pool textbook and three-hour teaching DVD, and I did three year-long series for InsidePool, including 12 articles of "pro secrets". Each article was tested and approved by Tom Simpson. My methods are unorthodox but they get results, certainly that was Tom's comment. I'm willing to learn from you. Are you willing to learn new things from me, specifically?

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this becomes fruitless, that’s your choice, since I’m willing to listen to you and learn from you. And you don’t need a last word, since we’re not debating. I sometimes choose, however, to defend myself from attacks. (Your response above to "stop attacking fellow instructors, please" is apparently "you can't play pool well, based on some photos I saw, and you act like an expert but aren't one", another attack. I heard you the first five or six times you attacked me on this thread, Fran.)
I believe there’s an ideal stance for each player but not one that suits all players. From memory, years ago, you commented on a website article where I demonstrate three alternative stances. If you don’t like one or more of those stances, more specifically than “it looks wrong to me”, comment here and we can all benefit. Of course, the article explained right and wrong stance moves but you didn't listen to my responses years ago, either.
I posted a press release at AZ this week--my pool book and DVD sold out and has been reacquired by a new publisher. I have hundreds of thousands of words online in pool articles, besides my college-level pool textbook and three-hour teaching DVD, and I did three year-long series for InsidePool, including 12 articles of "pro secrets". Each article was tested and approved by Tom Simpson. My methods are unorthodox but they get results, certainly that was Tom's comment. I'm willing to learn from you. Are you willing to learn new things from me, specifically?
"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run".
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink, you can send kids to school but you can't make them think.
Have a good day.

KenRobbins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread reminds of a time I had to put my cat down at the vet and was painful to watch. He was a big cat. The vet missed his vein numerous times and the cat just wouldn't pass. Hopefully it just took one try to cremate his body. This thread is also painful to watch. lol

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
This thread reminds of a time I had to put my cat down at the vet and was painful to watch. He was a big cat. The vet missed his vein numerous times and the cat just wouldn't pass. Hopefully it just took one try to cremate his body. This thread is also painful to watch. lol

I'm all for surgery if it helps heal some folks--folks who are headed for a ban! We need them here, just not fighting so often. There are many threads like this one in need of repair!

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Capture.JPG

2.JPG

KenRobbins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm all for surgery if it helps heal some folks--folks who are headed for a ban! We need them here, just not fighting so often. There are many threads like this one in need of repair!

Hopefully I'm not one of them. I have a humorous personality and last thing I want to do is offend someone. Life is short, live and let live.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"God moves in a mysterious way, his wonders to perform"......words from an old Christian hymn

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=497735
seems like matt went out trolling for posts
i stand by my comments
the "free" lssson was a loss leader to try to get lessons for pay
come on matt
admit that your free lessons are an attempt to get a paying customer
and not out of your " benevolence"
fwiw
even for free for me it was not worth it
:banghead: