Why is it, that those who do the least....

Right. I thought that would go flying right over your head. You don't disappoint in that regard.

Lou Figueroa

Right Lou, can't do the level of work I do, and never will be able to, and have never had me do any work for you, yet you're self qualified to comment on the work I do.....gotcha;)
 
Right. I thought that would go flying right over your head. You don't disappoint in that regard.

Lou Figueroa

Are you a pencil pusher, a keyboard worker, or do you actually perform manual labor to make a living Lou, of which I highly doubt.;)
 
Good thinking.

Don't like what Obama is doing, run for President or shut up.

Get sold a lemon, build your own car or shut up.

Get a lousy meal at a restaurant, start up your own restaurant or shut up.

What's stopping you from doing it? (Other than it's a stupid idea in the first place.)

On a side note, if this is what passes for logic in your world, it would go a long way towards explaining how you can rationalize poor work ethic and lousy customer service.

Lou Figueroa

We agree on something. Imagine that.
 
The US Open is for sale for $1M.
Step right up.

Are you perhaps thinking of Q-Master Billiards being for sale rather than the US Open pool tournament?

Barry mentioned on stream that the room is for sale, and I think he said $1,500,000.

Back in 2005, he announced that it was for sale for a "non-negotiable" $3,000,000, and the buyer could not keep the name.

In 2014, he again announced that it was for sale, this time for $2,000,000 "and not a dollar less," and the buyer could use the name.

Now, 2015, if I heard correctly (which wasn't exactly easy to do during his pre-finals prattle), it's $1,500,000.

Edit -- In post #34, Sofla says he remembers Barry saying $2.5 million. I think he is correct.
 
Last edited:
Right Lou, can't do the level of work I do, and never will be able to, and have never had me do any work for you, yet you're self qualified to comment on the work I do.....gotcha;)


You would never be able to do what I have done, so what?

All I've got to go on is what you present here and the good word of those that have dealt with you. That's plenty.

Lou Figueroa
 
Last edited:
I'm referring to those jumping on Jay and Mark, and all those that would like to ride the band wagon. What the hell is stopping them from stepping up and doing a better job, thus showing the world how to do it right, rather than sit behind a keyboard and do nothing but complain about those who in fact ARE doing the best they can with the cards they're delt:confused:

how does it feel gold crowns are nicer than diamonds?
 
Are you a pencil pusher, a keyboard worker, or do you actually perform manual labor to make a living Lou, of which I highly doubt.;)


What difference would it make if I told you I spent time working in a factory for several years doing the worst, smelliest kind of work or that I apprenticed to a craftsman for awhile?

It would be totally irrelevant to the fact that this is a discussion board and an appropriate place to talk about all things pool.

Your arguments make no sense. Anyone in any line of work can see that.

Lou Figueroa
 
Last edited:
Right Lou, can't do the level of work I do, and never will be able to, and have never had me do any work for you, yet you're self qualified to comment on the work I do.....gotcha;)

It's better to remain silent, and thought a fool.......
 
No one has to buy the US Open for $1M, all they have to do is offer something better, that pays out more, and on time, with no drama....and don't even need a convention center to do that, don't need to rent Diamond tables, or any of the extras that get spent. There's plenty of pool rooms that could host a "New US Open" in their own location....so, what's stopping them?

That's a damn good question and I'd like to see someone give a really
good answer to it. Sure it's a lot of work and not much to gain from it
but from some of the peoples posts here they seem to have plenty of
cash but no one steps up to take a swing at it. Maybe it's just not as
easy to pull off a successful tournament of this size?
I know if I had the money and a room like the one that just opened,
I'd be all over it but sadly I do NOT

Good luck to anyone that would like to give it a try
 
Are you perhaps thinking of Q-Master Billiards being for sale rather than the US Open pool tournament?

Barry mentioned on stream that the room is for sale, and I think he said $1,500,000.

Back in 2005, he announced that it was for sale for a "non-negotiable" $3,000,000, and the buyer could not keep the name.

In 2014, he again announced that it was for sale, this time for $2,000,000 "and not a dollar less," and the buyer could use the name.

Now, 2015, if I heard correctly (which wasn't exactly easy to do during his pre-finals prattle), it's $1,500,000.

I was pretty sure I heard $2.5 M. That was on the stream in my room, waiting for him to be through his spew before going down.
 
It's better to remain silent, and thought a fool.......

I couldn't agree more, there's a lot of experts here on AZ, or so there seems, always jumping on others trying to do the best they can with the cards dealt them....but it's never good enough for those that don't have to step in and do the same thing. It's always easy to run ones mouth from the sidelines, than it is to step in and get your hands dirty trying to do the same job of those that you're so willing to complain about:rolleyes:
 
The Gold Crowns I work on...look like they belong in a burn pile, so which ones are you referring to, but I guess it's all a matter of opinion, don't you think?

I'll be the first to admit Diamond makes very nice tables. I'll also add I think they play a lot different than Gold Crowns, which are my preference. People say Diamonds play tougher and that prob it true. Thats no - a - good for me, I like them easy 😊. The first time I played on a diamond BB was at SBE. It was so strange to me I think I went almost half hour before I ran two balls and my friend asked me what was wrong - was I drunk? Lol. ALOT different than the VALLEYS. ( I like be able to hit a ball half way down the long rail and pocket it )
 
I was pretty sure I heard $2.5 M. That was on the stream in my room, waiting for him to be through his spew before going down.

I think you are right; not sure why I was thinking 1.5. So at 2.5, he's half way between 2005 and 2014. :smile:
 
Back
Top